Author Topic: Important: Upgrading Saves Between Versions  (Read 68894 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Important: Upgrading Saves Between Versions
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2019, 06:38:58 am »
as always without a specific post in this thread from Dioxine, no know problems with the immediate proceeding version

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:45 am »
I updated to J15, and I noticed that the behaviour of spy zeppelins changed. If your savegame has spy blimps built before J15, they will behave like in J14.

The workaround *should* be to dock the blimps and re-deploy them (not that I have tried that myself).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2019, 03:46:05 am »
Updating from J to K1:
Load, then save.
Then, in savefile
Change all

Code: [Select]
mana: 0
on your soldiers to

Code: [Select]
mana: 50
or similar number.
Reload.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2019, 03:21:41 pm »
It seems, if you upgrade from J to K2 you don't even need to do this, all gals have 50 mana to begin with.

Edit by Meridian: yes, the oxce version used in K2 does it automatically
(only K1 needed manual change)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:27:13 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2020, 10:26:47 pm »
Upgrading to L1: No special tricks needed, just DON'T UPDATE DURING TACTICAL BATTLE.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2021, 04:04:57 pm »
L8: If you have an advanced campaign (>1 year) you'll get a message about being a slow a**. Please ignore it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2021, 08:45:23 pm »
L10 adds customized versions of Secret Bases for every faction. This feature will only work normally when starting a new game.
Don't despair, however: you can effectively enable it in existing campaign by deleting "alien strategy" section from your save. This will not affect already existing bases.

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2021, 11:47:53 pm »
Don't despair, however: you can effectively enable it in existing campaign by deleting "alien strategy" section from your save. This will not affect already existing bases.

Nooby question .. This means everything including the "alienStrategy:" line all the way up to the line before "deadSoldiers:"?

Offline hitthat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2021, 11:05:14 am »
Nooby question .. This means everything including the "alienStrategy:" line all the way up to the line before "deadSoldiers:"?

For L10, actually what has to be deleted is all stuff right below the alienStrategy: string, that is to say all its content (what is below the line)  till the missionLocations: one  8)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2021, 11:48:32 am »
The alienStrategy section doesn't necessarily have to be in one particular place inside the save. Just delete the entire alienStrategy section, including the header.

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2021, 04:39:12 pm »
For L10, actually what has to be deleted is all stuff right below the alienStrategy: string, that is to say all its content (what is below the line)  till the missionLocations: one  8)

The alienStrategy section doesn't necessarily have to be in one particular place inside the save. Just delete the entire alienStrategy section, including the header.

Hmh. It's not clear what is the alienStrategy section as there are no closing tags. I went with the assumption that everything after alienStrategy which is indented is subsidiary to alienStrategy and thus should be deleted. alienStrategy has no indent and per usual programming practices anything after that which is indented belongs to it. deadSoldiers was the next tag without indent so I left that alone.

So let's see.. Regions, possibleMissions, missionLocations and missions Run, all those were zapped.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2021, 04:56:34 pm »
Tags have levels, denoted by indentation. A tag ends when another of the same level begins.
Alienstrategy: is a first level tag, as it has no spaces before it. Simply delete from start of it's line, till the start of the next line with no starting space or tab.
In the case of the savefile I looked into, that would indeed be until the start of deadsoldiers:

The tags you listed are all the second level subtags of alienstrategy: in my savefile, so you probably did it correctly.