Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with the new xcom2 game?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Anyone else having problems with the new xcom2 game?
« on: March 20, 2016, 01:27:57 am »
Just got a copy of the new xcom2 game today and thought it was going to be relatively simple to install but maybe that was wishful thinking. My pc operates on win10, has 8gb of ram, has a 1 gb graphics card, runs on 3.5ghz six core processor and I've internet access, in fact all the specs needed for the game I'm over the recommended settings except the graphics which I'm at the minimum, but every time I tried to launch the game after waiting patiently for hours for it to install it crashes-see attachments. Upon checking steam's support site I validated the xcom2 files but no joy. I see that it's asking me to debug through Microsoft Visual Studios 2015 but I'm a complete noob at that sort of thing and wouldn't have a clue where to begin. Can anyone help and take me through what I need to do in very simple steps please?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else having problems with the new xcom2 game?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:33:33 am »
Try 2K Support at the official forums. Otherwise I can't really help you there :(

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:50:16 am »
Was on to where I got the game from today and they think it might be a faulty disc and hence didn't install properly, so I'm taking it back for a replacement tomorrow. I did go into the 2k forum support site but all the suggestions they advised didn't help either, will keep the forum updated.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 01:45:24 pm »
Looks like it's my graphics card that's not up to running DirectX:11, so new card needed as my current one(Nvidia Geforce 210) is a bit outdated.