Author Topic: Research question (bug or misunderstanding, not sure)  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Molndrake

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Research question (bug or misunderstanding, not sure)
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:29:32 am »
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but I had some problems finishing Terror from the Deep (I used a nightly build from about a month ago). I'm not sure what the correct behaviour is, so it could be that I'm simply wrong about how the game works.

Do you need multiple live Lobsterman Commanders to research T'Leth? Because in my game, I had researched everything (including The Ultimate Threat and the Leviathan), but I still couldn't research T'Leth. Since I already was flying around in a Leviathan, I thought I wouldn't be able to finish the game at all, but then I got hold of another live Lobsterman Commander, researched it and that opened up for T'Leth research and I could finish the game.

However, I could not have gotten the Leviathan without having a live Lobsterman Commander in the first place (and I'm quite sure I did interrogate one), so at least in this game, it seems like I needed more than one live Lobsterman Commander. Is it meant to be like that? Have I misunderstood anything? Or is this a bug?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Research question (bug or misunderstanding, not sure)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:25:37 pm »
There is timing involved in the T'Leth research. You need to have completed its pre-requistes before you interrogate the lobsterman commander to get it. If you interrogate the lobsterman first, it doesn't work (you get the other research, but not T'Leth).

So it's not need "A+B in any order to get C", it is need "B after A to get C"

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:47:30 pm »
basically you interrogated a lobsterman commander earlier on, but because you didn't know about the ultimate threat, you didn't know the right questions to ask.

Offline Molndrake

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:38:25 am »
Okay, thanks, that makes sense!