Author Topic: Things that i want the X-COM games could be  (Read 3275 times)

Offline REDACTED_KUN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Things that i want the X-COM games could be
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:23:15 am »
Hi. I'm here to explain some other stuff. I have interesting things to tell you guys about.

Here's a thing: I would liked to play some XCOM games (Well all i need is probably a desktop for EU2012/EW2013, The Bureau and XCOM2-2016) again.

But... I would be interested of playing it to be first person/third person army based tactical shooter like C&C Renegade or Saints Row games instead of Strategy.

I know that Julian Gollop created those games. I saw that he's working on Phoenix Point.

Here's what i want old and new X-COM games to be.

1: Keep the Geoscape view for base building and other stuff. (Very fitting for viewing the entire world)

2: First person/third person Interceptor dogfighting against UFOs. (Similar to old Interceptor style)

3: Make it to where it's first person/third person tactical shooter in battlescape missions. (That can be particularly interesting as far as i can tell.

4: Have power-ups for health, armor, stamina and more. (Especially strength power-ups, speed power ups, energy power-ups, etc.)

5: Destroy-able buildings and objects. (It can be fine)

6: I pretty sure it can 3D instead of 2D. (Like possibly models of everything X-COM).

7 *NEW*: Drive-able vehicles, cars and objects. (That will be fun)

And i think that's it for now on. *shrugs*
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:52:05 am by IseijinBoueiSenben97 »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Things that i want the X-COM games could be
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:56:45 pm »

3: Make it to where it's first person/third person tactical shooter in battlescape missions. (That can be particularly interesting as far as i can tell.

4: Have power-ups for health, armor, stamina and more. (Especially strength power-ups, speed power ups, energy power-ups, etc.)

6: I pretty sure it can 3D instead of 2D. (Like possibly models of everything X-COM).

I never dared to dream this day would come ...
We might have a potential fan of xcom:enforcer here ;)

Offline REDACTED_KUN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 01:12:36 am »
I never dared to dream this day would come ...
We might have a potential fan of xcom:enforcer here ;)
Well way to go, R1dO. I definitely could tell. I'm not really going to install X-COM Enforcer on my Alienware laptop because of my blacklist/whitelist for games on there.

The laptop i'm using costs a lot of money for me to use at some point (Because of blue screens of death).

I think that the point is. Here's what i want UFO:EU/X-COM:UD, TFTD and APOC should be.

1: Let the geoscape and base building part be strategy first. (That's very important)

2: Then let the battlescape (For UFO Missions, Terror Missions, Cydonia, etc.) be first person/third person tactical shooter like C&C Renegade or Saints Row Games.

That's the difference.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:17:31 am by IseijinBoueiSenben97 »

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 07:49:47 am »
X-COM/Rainbow Six hybrid? I can't believe nobody ever did that.

Plan ops, then execute on fps with soldiers.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:29:49 pm »
X-COM/Rainbow Six hybrid? I can't believe nobody ever did that.

Plan ops, then execute on fps with soldiers.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

That what the X-COM Alliance was supposed to be.  Well, that's what the articles at the time had said.