Author Topic: Live aliens and no available research  (Read 4857 times)

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Live aliens and no available research
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:37:53 am »
Hi, there is a small problem. I have 2 sectoid-navigator, 1 sectoid-medic, 1 floater-navigator and i can't research them. They not available in research list or in projects.
Maybe it's because of "live aliens sell mod"? Earlier it was possible to do research.
Or maybe i research everything possible?

And ALIEN SOLDIERS still available for research.

I use last available nightly builds of game.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:48:52 pm by g5-freemen »

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Live aliens and no available research
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »
is your game modded?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:49:50 pm »
Hi, there is a small problem. I have 2 sectoid-navigator, 1 sectoid-medic, 1 floater-navigator and i can't research them. They not available in research list or in projects.
Maybe it's because of "live aliens sell mod"? Earlier it was possible to do research.
Or maybe i research everything possible?

Well I've spotted cydonia in your research queue. This far into the game i think it is safe to assume you've probably researched all there is to learn from captives. I fail to see how "selling live aliens mod" could influence the research tree (except when you are actually selling aliens before having a nice chat).

And ALIEN SOLDIERS still available for research.
I am not sure what you mean with this sentence. Are you asking if our orbs can tell you it will become available in the future as research item?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 02:40:04 pm »
Once you have learned everything you can from the alien type, it no longer appears in the list.  Sell them off. :)

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:02:43 pm »
I am not sure what you mean with this sentence. Are you asking if our orbs can tell you it will become available in the future as research item?
Floater soldiers, sectoid soldiers available in the future as research item. But they can't tell anything and their race is researched.
Why i can see alien soldiers in future research list?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »
Floater soldiers, sectoid soldiers available in the future as research item. But they can't tell anything and their race is researched.
Why i can see alien soldiers in future research list?

Ah that might have been the source of confusion. The screens  you've posted do not show those soldiers. Which future research list are you referring to?

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:53 pm »
Ah that might have been the source of confusion. The screens  you've posted do not show those soldiers. Which future research list are you referring to?
Yes, in that moment there is no alien soldiers. Later i capture some alien soldiers and they are always ready for research :)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:14 pm »
Well that brings us a bit closer.
I am afraid  that the only solution is to post a savegame (showing your 'problem'), somebody with enough knowledge might be able to answer why they are still available in your game.