Author Topic: Elerium issue  (Read 8485 times)

Offline sectoidgoo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Elerium issue
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:06:13 am »
I am playing 0.9 version.  When I do a mission on a shot down ufo and there is some elerium intact; after the mission is over, no elerium shows it was collected in the summary screen.  Is this a known bug?  For example: shot down a very large ufo and 150/200 elerium was intact; after mission was over, it shows I collected NO elerium.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
Re: Elerium issue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:23:55 am »
i suggest you download one of the recent git-builds. I got my first dose of Elerium recently and it showed on the mission summary, tho you might have to start a new game

Offline Phezzan

• Sergeant
  • Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 03:55:29 am »
I've never seen this behaviour...  admittedly I didn't play the 0.9 version very long before grabbing the most current source.

Where did the game tell you the amount of intact Elerium?

It is possible the Elerium was destroyed during the mission - were there any explosions near the Power Source ?
Elerium has a low resistance to explosions

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:41:49 pm »
We really just need to feature-freeze again and release a 0.9.1 version quickly if we're holding the 1.0 stable for TFTD support...

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:05:47 pm »
We really just need to feature-freeze again and release a 0.9.1 version quickly if we're holding the 1.0 stable for TFTD support...
We're not waiting for TFTD support, we're waiting for the dozens of user reports everyday to calm down (so never :P).

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:43:37 am »
We're not waiting for TFTD support, we're waiting for the dozens of user reports everyday to calm down (so never :P).

Heh, well that's reasonable, but yeah, needs like five more programmers. :D

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 01:14:38 am »
Tell your troopers: Do not shoot the Elerium its more valuable then you are... ^^

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 09:36:24 am »
Tell your troopers: Do not shoot the Elerium its more valuable then you are... ^^
Lol and worth more than selling it.

Offline djemon_lda

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 03:31:52 pm »
Maybe you just mistaken intact elerium for intact ufo power source? just seeing the power source core doesn't mean there is elerium in it, and YES it can be disginguished by looking at the power core: if at the base of the power source you see three dots, then there is not elerium in it. If you see those three dots covered by something that looks like a mindprobe/grenade, then there is 50 elerium in that core.
have you checked that?

Offline Dinis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:22:43 pm »
I played a game for a long time in version 1.0 and I have no elerium to research.

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 08:46:59 pm »
I played a game for a long time in version 1.0 and I have no elerium to research.
Use Nightlies builds from DOWNLOAD section
It is much better than old 1.0 version because hundreds of errors fixed (in compare with 1.0)

Link special for u
https://openxcom.org/git_builds/openxcom_git_master_2016_03_10_0629.zip