aliens

Author Topic: NewbieTacticsForNewbie - What to do if you landed surrounded of Cyberdiscs?  (Read 3599 times)

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Assuming you are using a standard 2 scout then 2 rocketeers setup. Use your expandable scouts to force the cyberdiscs to waste their reaction shot. Use you other one to smoke the ramp (switched to instant grenade :) ). Have your 2 rocketeers step down and fire at the cyberdiscs / stay in the craft and fire at those right in front.

Once your soldiers have stepped down make sure you got your second scout staying in the skyranger. His job will be throwing ammunitions to the two rocketeers.

Works, is fun and also more rewarding than the grenade relay tactic.

Edit: Also don't forget to unload any rocket launcher that isn't going to be used on this turn. As mentinned by yrizoud Cyberdisc are almost if not always with sectoids using psionic attacks. I usually keep the rocket in the other hand for fast reload. Because if your rocketeers are psi-attacked they might go berserk or get taken over by aliens. In both cases the skyranger turns into a frying pan.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:59:14 am by dashyr »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
My favorite tactic is yelling at the pilot
... abort
... abort
... pull up
... pull up
... take me outa here ...

And prey that some of my fellow rookies survive the initial plasma barrage ;)

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I usually react like this when it comes to Chrysalids.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
I heard that every mission with cyberdisc includes psionic opponents. If a cyberdisc is already watching you on turn 1, the psi puppet theater can begin immediately, with your rocketers packed like sardines in the skyranger. The show is going to be short, but a blast.

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I heard that every mission with cyberdisc includes psionic opponents. If a cyberdisc is already watching you on turn 1, the psi puppet theater can begin immediately, with your rocketers packed like sardines in the skyranger. The show is going to be short, but a blast.
Except that if I see a cyber disc I simply unload all my launchers and keep the rocket in hand for fast reload. I only load when I need to fire. But yeah noticed I totally forgot to mention that. adding it

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
If they are close and you got a guy that can thrown a mean nadd, HE Packs can do a number on Cyberdiscs.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Offline Arek_PL

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
its good idea to get early hwp, they can tank few cyberdisc shoots or even try to take down one cyberdisc

and in snakeman terror they give some advantage against chrysalids(block ramp and fire away, if one gets too close it have to take down hwp first)

by using hvp i quickly got alive chrysalid  8)