Author Topic: [Items][Suggestions] Moar Stuff!  (Read 5335 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
[Items][Suggestions] Moar Stuff!
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:46:04 pm »
I was reading other posts and remembered with two things that have previously been discussed and could be interesting in Piratez:

1 - Smoke bomb! I know we're piratez, but can't we steal from ninjas? :D Same thing as a black powder bomb, but for smoke instead of damage. Handy for scouts and disembarking to pop some smoke right when you need it. Obviously should be less smoke than a smoke grenade. It could take cooking by the book + chemistry to make.

2 - Handheld loudspeaker: I think that with OXCE it might be possible to make a psi-amp like item which doesn't require psi-training and has a fixed psi-strength. Make it very short range, quite weak, and now the gals can spend a significant amount of TUs (I would put it fixed cost, the same amount of TUs as a civilian has) to mind control a civilian (assuming they have crap psi-strength, and why wouldn't they?). The TU cost represents the gal shouting at the civilian for the whole time it is moving. I'm seeing it as an unlocked bought item after contacting the mutant alliance.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Items][Suggestions] Moar Stuff!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:54:59 pm »
1 - Smoke bomb! I know we're piratez, but can't we steal from ninjas? :D Same thing as a black powder bomb, but for smoke instead of damage. Handy for scouts and disembarking to pop some smoke right when you need it. Obviously should be less smoke than a smoke grenade. It could take cooking by the book + chemistry to make.

Good idea, seems balanced. It would be useful, but mostly as a last resort.

2 - Handheld loudspeaker: I think that with OXCE it might be possible to make a psi-amp like item which doesn't require psi-training and has a fixed psi-strength. Make it very short range, quite weak, and now the gals can spend a significant amount of TUs (I would put it fixed cost, the same amount of TUs as a civilian has) to mind control a civilian (assuming they have crap psi-strength, and why wouldn't they?). The TU cost represents the gal shouting at the civilian for the whole time it is moving. I'm seeing it as an unlocked bought item after contacting the mutant alliance.

I get the idea, but it's way too quirky, confusing, and would work on enemies too to some degree.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »
I would bet there's a certain psi-strength which could be reliable enough against civilians without working much against enemies. If it works some time, it was a weak minded one anyways and they got intimidated by the gal's shouting ;)

It is quirky and odd though, for sure.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:18:35 pm »
I would bet there's a certain psi-strength which could be reliable enough against civilians without working much against enemies. If it works some time, it was a weak minded one anyways and they got intimidated by the gal's shouting ;)

Mutons have low psi. Would you scare one off with a megaphone? ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 12:32:01 am »
Beastmen will have psi power in the range of 5-10, but they're not in yet :) As for mutant civvies, their psi strength is actually decent; out of existing enemies, Mercs are the weakest.

EDIT: as for smoke bombs, any instant smoke has the potential for crazy exploits... so I'm not sure. Maybe if it's super-short range...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:08:16 pm by Dioxine »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 06:19:46 pm »
I'd love to see some area of effect instruments like drums, bagpipes, to raise morale / boost energy of nearby girls in a 9 tiles radius. Even small boost like 5 morale 5 energy per turn can be significant.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 06:34:51 pm »
The battle flag raises Morale and TUs. The radius is large if used by someone of very high Bravery.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 10:50:45 pm »
Ah cool! I thought it was not yet actually implemented.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 07:49:29 pm »
Can we use rope to tie unconscious people up?

We can use melee weapons to kill unconscious units. That same code could be used for the rope, but apply stun damage and not health damage. And the rope should be consumed by that.