Author Topic: And I proceeded to slaughter innocent civilians...... (To be continued in post)  (Read 4163 times)

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
as an X-Com leader struck with fear and sinking into the abyss of despair as he first crossed the path of one of those souless miserable creatures that used to be his squadmates. Hellbent to destroy him a few minutes after they called for an emergency evac.

One thing is sure as a new X-Com player... I sure am now scared of the dreaded Chrysalids at a point I even killed everything that moved including civilians.
I've been scared lot of times in games. Scared because of atmosphere and graphics. This is different... I was convinced I was doomed. Yet had to fight with all I can as a terror mission failed comes with a price. Both is reputation and ego. The feel of leading a desperate attack on an enemy that grows larger in number as the time passes. Being confronted to these really...changes all. No more careful advance. The faster I find them and kill them. The less ill have to deal with later. o_o

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
haha resorting to killing civilians so they aren't turned into zombies is a great tactic that really shows how scary chryssalids really are.

If you are feeling a bit more merciful next time, chryssalids only like rough action: They will not mate with stunned targets. Thus you can save the civilians by putting them to sleep.

Early game, that means anything that isn't in immediate danger gets hit by a stunrod. That's good practice any ways, because that way they won't brainlessly wander in the aliens' line of fire, or in your own way. You can even pick up the stunned civilian and more them to the safety behind your lines.

Later with ranged stun weapons and mind control, it's even easier as you can either stun them from afar or get them to walk themselves to a safe spot.

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
that means anything that isn't in immediate danger gets hit by a stunrod.

Ah, yes, the various and wondrous uses of the Stun Rod! Also good for putting psi-weak soldiers to sleep when you either forgot or didn't know you were taking on Ethereals or the like.

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Oh I could stun them? Oh.. Not sure their families will buy the 'im a noob' argument. o_o

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
:D

They just got slaughtered by the aliens ;) Not your fault the aliens had.. auxiliary units with standard rifles..!

At least from now on you won't have to deliver quite as many bodybags and sad letters!

Offline dashyr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Not so sure about that! xD Im still an explosive maniac!