aliens

Author Topic: Include version of XCOM in mod listing  (Read 2473 times)

Offline olvidalo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Include version of XCOM in mod listing
« on: February 26, 2016, 09:26:38 am »
I'm new (not even a week ago found the site) but noticed some difficulty telling whether mods are for X-Com UFO Defense or X-Com Terror from the Deep. I've not seen others, but I think those are less likely to be confused. I think for those first two versions, best to identify which one the mod is for.
However, it is very promising, I'm very glad to have found it.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Include version of XCOM in mod listing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:14:23 am »
Hey welcome to the forums :D Unfortunately I have to toss a non-sequitur here and want to make sure, are you properly updated from 1.0? I've been talking to new people via Steam or something who are only sticking with 1.0 and not any of the updated Nightlies.

I do share your pain in that sometimes I cannot tell at a glance whether or not the mods are for UFO or TFTD. Since TFTD is still relatively new (insofar as being playable within the confines of OXC), most mods are not for it.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:58:44 am »
In which mod listing?

Directly in the game? If so, you can already see only UFO mods when the master game is UFO and TFTD mods when the master game is TFTD.

If you mean on the mod site... yes, it would be nice to have... but 95% of mods are for UFO anyway, so you can just assume that ;-)

Offline olvidalo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 03:46:52 pm »
Actually, I did, until I noticed some weapons I might otherwise have selected had the word Gauss on them, so I went back over the others. I'm not looking just now, but I do not recall reference on the mod to TFTD. Moreover, it may be just me but it seems I have to keep going back for what that acronym is, maybe use Terror or Deep would be better - okay, just me I suppose.