Author Topic: IS THERE A FASTER WAY?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
IS THERE A FASTER WAY?
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »
Currently I'm at the end of the second year in a run through of xeno operations v0.957 and something I've noticed when attacking battleships, I only do this if they're on an infiltration mission, is when I'm using 3 or 4 ships to take it down having to manually click on aggressive attack mode with the mouse seems slow with respect to the fact that by the time I get all ships attacking the first of my interceptors, which seems to take all the battleship's firepower is very badly damaged/destroyed. I looked through the controls in options to see if there was shortcut keys to change your attack mode, as that may be faster, but there doesn't appear to be. Any advice or could shortcut keys be added for this functionality?

ps I always attack battleships in aggressive mode to do as much damage as fast as possible. Also my interceptors are a mixture of Aegis & Firestorms.

EDIT: I do have the dogfight speed @ max though I still think manual shortcuts would be a bit faster than the mouse in this instance.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:50:01 pm by SIMON »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: IS THERE A FASTER WAY?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:54:36 pm »
This might be a conscious design decision to slightly hinder the interceptor spam :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: IS THERE A FASTER WAY?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:24:30 pm »
I have this on my todo list... and I even started working on it, but it wasn't as easy as I expected.
Maybe I'll return to it some day.

Bottomline: no, it is currently not possible.