Author Topic: Custom Tilesets & Help  (Read 22783 times)

Offline Tentaculars

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Tilesets & Help
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 03:35:18 pm »
It simply all points to "could it be fun that way - yes or no ????" "nice to have - yes or no" that's all. Easy rulesets can be fun and challenging and
games should be challenging and fun at the same time. Anything else is debatable.

Forget discussions about realism, forget casualism (i realy hate that word by the way) it leads to nothing. It has no substance at all to talk about if its "good or bad". You could also argue for decades about if purple is a good or bad color (without any context or hint why this is discussed).

@Moriarty:

I understand your point of view but i think this is simply a problem of the 2D-tilesystem itself. There is no big problem to relocate the ladder but in the end it does not change to much. Those larger objects simply will look strange when one part will be shot away (clean precise cutting lines). It was always like that in Xcom. Crashing/Collapsing objects may be again a nice idea which might add playvalue/coolness to the game.

My opinion is for that kind of stuff (as bouncing of grenandes, too etc.) a 3D-engine is more advisable or you end up haveing a lot of pain trying to make that happen. Since this is a EU replica that is/will be modable it has some natural limits.
Its more likely to arrange yourself with some of these limts instead to try complicated timeconsuming workarrounds.

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Tilesets & Help
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »
+1 for more fun, realism is boring :p