Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] UFO Tracker Window  (Read 11934 times)

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
Re: [SUGGESTION/REQUEST] UFO Tracker Window
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »
What might be really nice following on from this is if the closest interceptors were listed higher in the list, so if a ufo is in England, the craft in Europe are higher than the craft in your first base and craft elsewhere, and vice versa

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:19 pm »
OK, the feature is ready.
Hotkey "T" .

Left click opens ufo/site/base detail, right-click centers on target.

In English, everything fits just barely.... if this should ever get to master, I would remove the "Heading" column, as it is quite useless in such a table.

Fantastic job. Yes, "Heading" is the least important and could easily be done away with. Hope it gets added into master (it doesn't affect vanilla gameplay at all). Or do I have to move to Extended? :P

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »
What might be really nice following on from this is if the closest interceptors were listed higher in the list, so if a ufo is in England, the craft in Europe are higher than the craft in your first base and craft elsewhere, and vice versa

I read this several times, but I really don't understand what do you mean.
The tracker doesn't display interceptors at all...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 08:19:56 am »
There are two ways of bringing up the list of crafts:
1 - Press "i" as the shortcut to the interception window
2 - Click on the "intercept" button in the UFO's screen, it brings up a list of available interceptors.

I think they are sorted by.. craft ID number? which is the order in which you bought/made them? Not 100% sure anymore, I haven't played in a while..

When using the 2nd way to get the craft list (ie from a UFO) it could be nice to order the crafts by proximity to the UFO which is being intercepted, instead of whatever the default is.

I remember reordering my crafts so they were by base, so I always knew which I wanted to send (specific bases have specific crews, crafts and roles for me), but if you have all your bases as equivalent, then it'd make sense.

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 01:19:16 am »
Apologies, misinterpreted the subject  :-[, Arthanor has summarized my suggestion pretty well, I saw this and was reminded of how upon a UFOs detection the list of aircraft you can send is not ordered helpfully. I was suggesting that if the aircraft were ordered by distance from said UFO a player could forgo centering on the UFO and etc. As mentioned not relevant to this topic and poorly worded.