Author Topic: Bug? Save scumming off, but different results when reloaded  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Bug? Save scumming off, but different results when reloaded
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:06:00 am »
Not sure if this is a bug or not; it's happened to me several times. I save the game in battlescape and then immediately end my turn. A series of events happen on the alien's turn and then I immediately reload the game from the save point and end my turn again, but a different result happens than the initial time.

Now if I keep reloading, that saved game, the second event always happens, but it is different than what happened the first time before reloading. Why did the results change in the saved game?

As an example in a current game I have saved, an alien threw a grenade and killed one of my men. I reloaded the game because I wasn't paying attention talking to someone in the room and wanted to see where the grenade came from. Well upon reload, the grenade still got thrown, but my man didn't die. No matter how many times I reloaded, they kept living.

This is in the 1.0 version and the save scum option is turned off.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bug? Save scumming off, but different results when reloaded
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 04:07:27 pm »
Do you have a save of this?

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bug? Save scumming off, but different results when reloaded
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 06:01:41 pm »
Yes, I attached it.

Although like I said, every time I load that, the same thing happens. It was only the original time that it was different.