Author Topic: Aliens Inventory  (Read 56798 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Aliens Inventory
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:26 am »
Yep the legs are my attempt at "perspective" , i will make some changes later and post a few options.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2012, 01:56:43 pm »
Uploaded a new version of these, there on my mod site

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2012, 09:25:35 pm »
very cool.  I like those!

just for the record: is it easily possible to have inventory screens with only some of the inventory slots?

it wouldn't really make sense to have a backpack for most of the aliens, since they don't appear to wear real armor (most are naturally armored or have armor grafted onto their bodies). I guess the only alien that should have a backpack is the ethereal. who knows how much stuff they can hide under those cloaks?

come to think of it, perhaps the flying armor should use all or most of the backpack slots for the "engine"? you might even think about making the "flying engine" an equippable item instead of a completely different armor.

also, some (e.g. terrorist) units shouldn't be able to carry weapons at all, so those slots should be disabled or hidden, right? I guess they are still able to look at items on the ground, though, so that should at least be shown.

which poses another interesting question that has been mentioned before: if we allow large units to see items on the ground (and why shouldn't we? someday a modder might come up with an intelligent, weapon-wielding large unit that should be capable of picking up stuff!), how do we deal with that? will the unit be able to see items on the ground for all four tiles? if it drops something, where will it show up?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2012, 09:48:57 am »
very cool.  I like those!

just for the record: is it easily possible to have inventory screens with only some of the inventory slots?

it wouldn't really make sense to have a backpack for most of the aliens, since they don't appear to wear real armor (most are naturally armored or have armor grafted onto their bodies). I guess the only alien that should have a backpack is the ethereal. who knows how much stuff they can hide under those cloaks?

come to think of it, perhaps the flying armor should use all or most of the backpack slots for the "engine"? you might even think about making the "flying engine" an equippable item instead of a completely different armor.

also, some (e.g. terrorist) units shouldn't be able to carry weapons at all, so those slots should be disabled or hidden, right? I guess they are still able to look at items on the ground, though, so that should at least be shown.

which poses another interesting question that has been mentioned before: if we allow large units to see items on the ground (and why shouldn't we? someday a modder might come up with an intelligent, weapon-wielding large unit that should be capable of picking up stuff!), how do we deal with that? will the unit be able to see items on the ground for all four tiles? if it drops something, where will it show up?

Yes both issues have been brought up before and IF these images ever become a standard mod ( by that i mean IF the code to handle these ever get added by someone smarter than me) both issues will need to be looked at.

1: Several inventory screen layouts for aliens should be created to better reflect the individual alien and also allow the larger inventory Image to take up more room on the screen , a lot of detail was lost trying to make them small enough to fit into the original screen layouts.
2: If a 4x4 alien opens its inventory screen i think all 4 locations should be displayed on the screen to allow them to drop a item exactly where they want , again a programmer will need to look at this.

Now with the NEW Xcom being made to me its more important to make Openxcom as modder friendly as possible to make it easier for people to Share there weird and wonderful Versions of the game, i want to see another modder create a Complete New set of aliens to go with the Unused Pyramid Ufo from the first game, i just don't want to be the only person doing all the work ;)

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »
Custom inventory grid layouts should be already possible I think. SupSuper could answer that probably, but he seems to be vanished from earth. Again :-)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »
Custom inventory grid layouts should be already possible I think. SupSuper could answer that probably, but he seems to be vanished from earth. Again :-)
Maybe the Floaters got him, he could be getting probed as we speak ;D

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2012, 04:25:16 pm »
I sure hope its mind probing you are talking about  ???  ;D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2012, 01:32:53 pm »
Umm i am not sure what this is , maybe its a new alien ;)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »
Thanks to Warboys help, a OXC compatible version of my Alien Inventory images is available on my Mod Page
https://openxcommods.weebly.com/downloads2.html

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »
Just wanted to ask, are there any artists out there willing to do inventory images for one or all of the Civilians from TFTD ( in UFO colour Pallet to match others)  to complete this set?

Let me know?