aliens

Author Topic: Aliens Inventory  (Read 57583 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Aliens Inventory
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 03:29:04 pm »
Some more TFTD images
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:48:14 pm by luke83 »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »
What about this?

That's much better. :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:43 pm »
Some of these are kinda tricky , why couldn't the TFTD one simply be posing like the UFO images.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:50:04 pm by luke83 »

Volutar

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 06:30:11 am »
Some of these images simply won't fit into inventory screen. And inventory screen ment to be used with "doll" images without weapon in rest position.
2x2 units don't have inventory screens since they occupy 4 tiles, and you can't be sure which ground tile will be used.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 10:16:21 am »
O Volutar your always a downer  :(

Here is a post i made on the Strategy core site
 "I plan to finish off TFTD units, however there is a problem , most of the graphics are just ripped from the original game so some of the TFTD units have Guns in the pictures , this kinda rubs me the wrong way. At first i will just use these graphics but i will try to do some custom ones later Skills permitting to replace these with ( I really did not think i would be able to get the humans looking this good as i am no artist but at least i try)."
 The graphics with guns i don't like either , but developing enough skills to modify these to how i want them takes time.   I am also using these images for a little graphic link for my website back to here see attached work in progress.

As for the picking which tile is under the unit on a 2x2 unit , that's a valid argument , i had not considered that. ;)

At the end of the day , if none of these ever gets used i don't mind as i am learning more and more about GIMP and creating sprites in general.

Volutar

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 11:22:25 am »
luke83, no offence. I just want openxcom to get smooth and nice look and feel. Zombie and last civilian (without visible teeth) are almost perfect.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2012, 12:04:53 pm »
Ok, No offence taken :-* , i am glad you want the Feel of the game to be correct as do i and i do appreciate your feedback , that's why your on my Thanks list on my site. I don't mind that your "bursting my bubble" as long as its for good intentions ( and Yes perfecting Xcom is a good intention).

Honestly i have never played TFTD other than the Demo version ( even though i own a legal copy of it) i always preferred ufo defence but i still need to get these guys looking correct.
You may also notice that i have not been showing the TFTD ones in game  , that is also because there not final ( IE the guns and some poses need to be FIXED)

What about my Civ female , any suggestions?
Is there any problems with the UFO aliens images?

Long story short keep up the criticism as it is making me work harder :) 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:36:40 pm by luke83 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2012, 03:29:20 pm »
The graphics with guns i don't like either , but developing enough skills to modify these to how i want them takes time.   I am also using these images for a little graphic link for my website back to here see attached work in progress.
Then, you should start doing this as soon as possible :)

and about your alien images, I think you need fix a bit ethereal, because you left some pixels that are from background.
Compare your picture with mine that I remove this pixels. Probably my looks better now :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »
Hey Yanks , How did i miss that :-[  , Fixed

"Then, you should start doing this as soon as possible :) "
 I guess that means you like my work, I have actually started working on building a new MCD/PCK set to increase the variety of UFO in the game ( as this will be Needed sooner). Since TFTD support was not planned for some time i thought i would have time to breath on this and develop my skills. Seriously take a look at the Tasoth image , How the hell am i going to turn that into a inventory image!!! That one will be the hardest for me as i will need to reshape almost everything!  On the plus side no one has complained about the Gillmans Legs, there not part of the original image :P ( even i dont think his feet are correct)

Honestly it wont be long until i try to finish some of these i really like doing it:)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:06:38 pm by luke83 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2012, 06:43:01 pm »
I guess that means you like my work
Every "generation" of your work is better than previous. I simply waiting for moment when your work will be indistinguishable form original graphic :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 01:31:05 am »
I must agree yanks , i look at my RegGang and thought wow there really crap :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 10:40:22 am »
As yuo can see i am still tweaking this guy trying to get his legs correct :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 02:16:30 pm »
OK i want some feedback on this please!

Offline Zharik1999

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »
If you ask me, I like this variant - https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=425.0;attach=1691;image I think it is the closest to what it will look like if i it has legs on the original picture.

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 03:00:00 pm »
luke83, I think the arm should be longer.