Author Topic: Destructible terrain option  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Destructible terrain option
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:30:43 pm »
We all know and hate Port, Railyard and Industrial terrains with their notorious indestructible bits. This patch makes most of these destructible, although armor value on such bits was often upped to keep the "hard terrain" feel:
- barriers
- roofs
- machinery
- tires
- damaged walls
 Crucial bits like floors, pier bits etc. are still indestructible to avoid glitchy behaviour (unless I made a mistake).

Data should go into /TERRAINS folder. Compatible with any mod that uses Terrain Pack (Redux, Hardmode, FMP, Piratez - the last one will have it soon integrated as default).

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Destructible terrain option
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »
I actually made them fully destructable. For Hardmode Expansion, they do behave like any other Terrain in UFO, even thou the armor values are lower as the original, but still higher then all other vanilla terrains.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
We all know and hate Port, Railyard and Industrial terrains with their notorious indestructible bits. This patch makes most of these destructible, although armor value on such bits was often upped to keep the "hard terrain" feel:
- barriers
- roofs
- machinery
- tires
- damaged walls
 Crucial bits like floors, pier bits etc. are still indestructible to avoid glitchy behaviour (unless I made a mistake).

I had already downgraded these tiles to be fully destructable:
* barriers
* machinery
* tiles

Roofs can be tricky to be made destructable since they can lead to situations where you can't reach the last alien if he's inside one of those towers. Or another bad situation is that a falling unit might land on a tile (like water) where it will become stuck. Damaged walls are more of an aesthetic option, although they cost TUs to be crossed.

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:25:59 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place but I'm currently in a campaign with XENO OPERATIONS v0.956 and I'm wondering if your download would be applicable to this mod?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:30:10 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place but I'm currently in a campaign with XENO OPERATIONS v0.956 and I'm wondering if your download would be applicable to this mod?

Yes it would be applicable, just extract the files into the /TERRAIN folder of XenoOperations

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 01:35:22 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.