aliens

Author Topic: Question: All Stored Equipment Destroyed After Winning Mission  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Question: All Stored Equipment Destroyed After Winning Mission
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:27:09 am »
Hi all, so I'm pretty new to this game and this is my first post here. I'm wondering does this happen often and something I should be concerned about? A terror site mission ended in victory, and when I went to the "Not enough equipment to fully re-equip squad" screen I was missing a ton of stuff that I didn't even equip my soldiers with on this mission. It didn't make any sense, as it was a day mission (so no electro flares), I didn't use any grenades, didn't lose any soldiers or use any medi-kits, but I was missing over 100 pieces of equipment; even my spare mind probe.

At first I thought it was a game glitch or something, but going back to a couple points I saved at, I realized it disappeared during the mission. Turns out that when a cyberdisc got killed right near the skyhanger, it blew up all my equipment there.

I was pretty POd. I generally just leave a lot of my equipment in the skyhanger permanently (unless it's a mission I'm actually concerned I might not come back) and just equip my soldiers with what they need before starting. If I had ever considered that this stuff could be lost, I obviously wouldn't bother bringing a bunch of electro-flares to a day mission.

I thought about going into the save file and just editing it, but don't want to "cheat". I thought, "Well this is realistic, and if I bring stuff there is a chance I can lose it." I think I might only give myself back the things that I am just too lazy to re-load ever mission that I absolutely didn't need (like electro-flares), but take the hit on the stuff I bring "just in case", like the spare mind probe and amo.

What are the thoughts on this from the vets? Was this equipment loss a bit "unfair" (even coming from a game for a reputation for that)?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Question: All Stored Equipment Destroyed After Winning Mission
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:15:37 am »
Unfair is what's you're going to do to aliens once you got your paws on Mind Control :) In the OG, losing cargo wasn't that much of an issue due to 80 item limit (you could only take 80 items on a mission, including guns, clips, flares, everything). OXCom has no such limit (unless you turn it on), so you need to control it by yourself.

Also, welcome to the nerd central, rookie. Have a good time!

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:51:39 am »
sounds like you just got x-commed!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 06:11:28 pm »
What are the thoughts on this from the vets? Was this equipment loss a bit "unfair" (even coming from a game for a reputation for that)?

To minimize this type of losses, OXC has an option to reinstate the 80 items limit of the original game. That way you'll hardly start with any spare items on the ground to be destroyed by explosions. Just go to Options, then under mods select the 'Limit Craft Item Abilities'. The 80 item limit will not apply to base defense missions if you select this option.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:40:20 am »
Thanks for the replies. I sucked it up and didn't cheat, so will just buy back what I need and take less moving ahead.

Was even angrier though when I realized I lost 10 motion scanners at like 44,000 and 220 work hours a pop. I didn't realize those things were so steep.