Author Topic: Area 51 Version 0.9  (Read 21235 times)

Offline GrossorMD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Area 51 Version 0.9
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »
Sorry: I was mistaken. It was actually a cybermite that I had failed to spot. My agent was right next to the civilian both times it happened, and the cybermite scurried back to it's bolt-hole after both deeds, so I misblamed a blonde woman for it

EDIT: This one is for real though: After council missions you get the deceased guard's weaponry as "bounty".

Also, if I may say: if  it was for sale, the RPG would actually be a good competitor to the standard rocket launcher, given that it's ammo is about as powerful (as small rockets) and smaller.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:01:11 pm by GrossorMD »

Offline aknazer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2016, 07:10:26 am »
Sorry: I was mistaken. It was actually a cybermite that I had failed to spot. My agent was right next to the civilian both times it happened, and the cybermite scurried back to it's bolt-hole after both deeds, so I misblamed a blonde woman for it

EDIT: This one is for real though: After council missions you get the deceased guard's weaponry as "bounty".

Also, if I may say: if  it was for sale, the RPG would actually be a good competitor to the standard rocket launcher, given that it's ammo is about as powerful (as small rockets) and smaller.

Why not just use the Multi-Launcher then?  Compared to the RPG you can Aim Fire it for 5% more accuracy (105 vs 100), the Snap Shot is only 5% less accuracy (45 vs 50), and it only sacrifices 5 damage compared to the RPG/Small Rocket (both are 75 vs 70 of the Multi-Launcher); plus you can Auto Fire it if you really need to (though I find the Aimed Shot the better option).  Thus for the space of 2 RPGs you can get 3 ML shots, and it starts with 3 for 6 total shots from a soldier (same as you could carry for RPGs, but only taking up a 2x2 slot instead of 5x 2x1 slots).

So while I agree that the RPG is on par with Small Rockets, you already have that option in the Multi-Launcher.

EDIT:  And a quick damage range is RPG/Small Rocket 37.5-112.5 vs ML 35-105 for a total difference of 2.5-7.5 as explosive damage (well all Area 51 damage as of v0.9) is 0.5-1.5 listed value.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:17:40 am by aknazer »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2016, 08:14:37 am »
The mini launcher is the one that auto fires rockets, correct? I try to avoid it, because it doesn't match the game's sprites. It's a nice looking one, but for another game maybe :)

Offline aknazer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2016, 03:19:03 pm »
The mini launcher is the one that auto fires rockets, correct? I try to avoid it, because it doesn't match the game's sprites. It's a nice looking one, but for another game maybe :)

Mini-Launcher is the small rocket launcher from Apocalypse.  Multi-Launcher is in Area 51.  But yes it is the one that can Auto-Fire rockets.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2016, 03:47:16 pm »

You mean that the Multi-Launcher sprite doesn't look good amongst the vanilla weapons?