Author Topic: Install from ufo EU from a CD for WIN 95  (Read 2995 times)

Offline davef

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Install from ufo EU from a CD for WIN 95
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »
Hi all

Ive got WIN 8 and although it can see the folders on the CD I cannot run the disk to install it, clicked on INSTALL.exe said cant run this.

Do I create a directory, on the hard drive and manually copy the directories on over to it?

Any ideas as to where the new directory 'UFO' should be?

All the best

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Install from ufo EU from a CD for WIN 95
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 05:50:58 pm »
Hi,

On your CD, do you somewhere have folders named TERRAIN, MAPS, ROUTES, SOUND etc.?

If you do, just start installing OpenXCom as normal (I mean OpenXCom, not the original game), and when it asks you for path to the original game resources, just tell it go to your CD drive. (These files are only needed because OpenXCom doesn't have them for copyright reasons and needs to pull them from the original game.)

If you don't have these folders on your CD, you'll have to extract them somehow or get them from a different source.

Let us know how it went and if we can help any further.

Offline davef

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:54:10 pm »
Hi

Thank you for your help, it worked, runs a bit fast,even with clock turned all the way down, but it works!

Thanks again

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:45:05 pm »
Hi

Thank you for your help, it worked, runs a bit fast,even with clock turned all the way down, but it works!

Thanks again

Good. Have fun playing :)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 01:45:06 am »
Ive got WIN 8 and although it can see the folders on the CD I cannot run the disk to install it, clicked on INSTALL.exe said cant run this.
Aside from you already having a solution: Do you have a x64 version of Win 8 running? Then perhaps it simply can't run the 16 bit DOS-Installer. However: I'm very much interested in getting an ISO-image from that CD (for archiving purposes). Would you mind making one for me and sending it to me, somehow?