aliens

Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Display soldier armor in the craft equipment screen  (Read 10955 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Display soldier armor in the craft equipment screen
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 03:17:37 pm »
Since i used the same approach as i did fixing the "large living quarters" (ask Solarius) i am pretty sure this will work on the new nightlies.

My understanding of "Use vanilla palettes" is more like: use it in your graphical editor so you know how the game will display it. The game will use the value of the index (0-255) and pick appropriate color from palette (that's why those pictures become "artistic' when u use them in a part of the game that uses a different palette).
This believe is by the palettes supsuper posted himself (have to search the forum for that) which defined index 0 as an alpha pixel (not black)).

Besides, if your current build does not show pink but transparency, i think the lodepng comit has already been included.

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 11:03:30 am »
Maybe possible to do something like that?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 05:42:41 pm »
Maybe possible to do something like that?

Why would you want the same information twice?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
In the next OXCE+ version, it will be possible to mod an already modded CustomArmorPreview.
For example, you will be able to create a PirateZ-submod, which will change the armor icons to ones you like better.

This feature is only possible if I make the sprite size fixed... which would normally not be a problem at all... but for some unexplainable reason, modders decided to completely ignore the sprite size I told them to use.

So instead of 10x18, the sprites must now be 12x20.
Please note that:
- still only the top 18 vertical pixels are rendered
- horizontally the icons are rendered each 10 pixels (NOT 12 pixels!), so good modders will use only the leftmost 10 pixels of each sprite
- bad modders can use all 12 pixels to create weird overlap effects if they so must

Attached is an updated version of the "vanilla" mod... since OXCE+ 2018-07-21, you will need this version instead of the old one.