Image#1 (square pixel, 1:1)
4 (66.7%)
Image#2 (non-square pixel, 1:1:2)
0 (0%)
Include Both
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 19, 2016, 01:57:59 am

Author Topic: [TFTD] [CRAFT] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft  (Read 26751 times)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
[TFTD] [CRAFT] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft
« on: December 29, 2015, 02:00:25 am »
A while back, I posted a remake of Satan Claus's 'X-Com TFTD Crafts remake/reskin mod' taken from the Strategy Core Website.
(You can find it Here.)

This used Satan Claus's original Graphics to which I have added updated MCD & LOFTemps to allow it to be used in OpenXcom.

I've now posted a improved version with increased troop sizes and better faceing for the troops as well as adding the ability of carrying a tank to the Hammerhead. (See attached pictures) This version also fixed some of the problems with the Hammerhead and your inability to walk directly in front of the craft.

Edit: 24/3/16 - Fixed the hole in the side of the Triton and added a MCD patch in the ruleset that now lets you walk ontop of the craft.

Edit :24/3/16 - Still can't upload to the mod site - I'll store it on my google drive for now.
                        LINK: Open X-Com TFTD

I plan to create a enhanced version, with multiple exits for each craft, to improve their strategic use. (Edit 2016/05/05: Almost done - Fixing Deployments)

If anyone has any further Ideas/sugestions - just post them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:32:29 am by Roxis231 »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TftD] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:27:27 am »
As I have stated - I'm makeing Versions of the three basic craft with multiple exits.

I've almost finished the ingame testing, just have to fix the graphics.

Here are some test pix for the Triton and Levithan as well as an early graphic pix of the Triton.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:27:46 am »
Ingame testing for all three craft now complete - Graphics is now at late Beta.

Yes, I'm adding two rear exits to the Hammerhead - they only work underwater for the displacer armours at the moment though.

Shots of the Hammerhead, Triton and Levithan are below.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:15:56 am by Roxis231 »

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 05:03:22 am »
Alright, I finally managed to free myself some time and test this out!

Wonderful job, Roxis <3

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism!

Issue #1

Why can I get here:

But still not here:

Same goes for the new LEVIATHAN, you can get here:

But not here:

Both HAMMER & LEVI should be just like the TRITON (vanilla model here), whose northwestern "wall" is walkable just fine:

Issue #2

The new walkable "wings" on the HAMMERHEAD is a great addition! However, we cannot walk onto the roof/top:

It'd be great if it was just like the TRITON:

Issue #3

The rear wall of the HAMMERHEAD is still unwalkable:

Same goes for LEVIATHAN:

Again, both should be like TRITON here:

That's it! Sorry for nitpicking so much, I don't know how hard (or how much a pain in the ass?) it is to edit/fix the pathing on these craft, but I will say you have done a wonderful job so far and for that you have my gratitude. It has been worth the wait.

I'm not sure how I feel about the HAMMER's rear exits, though. Wouldn't you have to do the same for LEVIATHAN as well? Personally, I'd very much prefer the exits on the LEVIATHAN (it'll give the player much more of a reason to get it over the HAMMERHEAD, other than just because of more space). Also, how about making the exits lifts (as in alien craft) instead of open hatchets? It'd make it much more aesthetically alien (considered these craft are based on alien tech).

I do totally dig the two doors on the LEVIATHAN, though. That'd definitely be a great addition!

And I know you said putting 2 SWS' inside the HAMMER was not doable, but maybe there's some way around it? I don't know, but I do remember I had done it before... now I'm confused. The second SWS would have to just go right behind the first one, of course (rather than them next to each other, because then they'd be obstructing the exit).

I guess that's all for now!

Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:31:12 am by Orz »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 11:28:12 pm »
Issue One : As I have said before this is due to how the Map system works - don't know why your triton can do that, mine can't.

Issue Two : That's a major MCD problem - and it takes me upward of two hours for study/fix ONE tile, and I have to check all 90+ in the mapset.

Issue Three : Wrong - The back of the Triton is a Straight wall, which you can walk beside - while the back of the Hammerhead/Levathan is actually part of its shell, and covers most of the tile, so walking is currently not possable.

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »
Issue One : As I have said before this is due to how the Map system works - don't know why your triton can do that, mine can't.

The rest of the vanilla ships can do that:

Issue Two : That's a major MCD problem - and it takes me upward of two hours for study/fix ONE tile, and I have to check all 90+ in the mapset.

Fair enough, but it'd still be awesome to make the Hammerhead's roof-walking like the original :)

Issue Three : Wrong - The back of the Triton is a Straight wall, which you can walk beside - while the back of the Hammerhead/Levathan is actually part of its shell, and covers most of the tile, so walking is currently not possable.

While true regarding the Leviathan, false regarding the Hammer, as vanilla model clearly shows:

Lastly, here's what I meant about putting 2 SWS' on the new Hammer:

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 11:38:47 pm »
Is there a hole in the side of the Triton-see attached? I had an annoying Aquatoid kill a troop and a Tasoth try to mc through this hole. It seems to be just before the the double door on the left side.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:46:43 pm by SIMON »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 05:53:52 am »
Is there a hole in the side of the Triton

um... First Person shots don't seem to show me where the problem is.

However, thanks for the feed back, I will try and see if I can find this.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 11:33:48 am »
Here's a better picture closer in.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 06:17:35 am »
Here's a better picture closer in.

Question: which version of this mod are you useing and where are you takeing the FP screenshots from

Both these are needed for me to find it.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 12:40:24 pm »
Here's a save with pictures, I'm taking the screen from the view of "Paulo Simoes" looking forward and to the left from his point of view. I'm using STRATEGY CORE TFTD RESKIN CRAFTS 1.1 from the end of December past on nightly 2016-03-07 0212 though I'm going to upgrade to the latest nightly as their was a death animation bug fixed very recently.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 07:45:37 am »
Found what you were talking about.  It's been fixed in the expanded version I'm working on, but the old files are corupt, so it might be a while before I can repair it, sorry - Thanks for pointing it out though.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [CRAFT] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 06:58:55 am »
SIMON, Orz and all the others who reported problems: most of them are fixed now.

However due to problems with the Mod Site, I've had to leave it on my Google drive (Link in the first post)

Issues Worked On:

1: Triton - Hole in the wall by the door.
    FIXED - Just had to change the Loftemps of the affected tile.

2: Triton and Hammerhead - Inabillity for troops to walk/move up the slopped wings to reach the roof.
    FIXED - Made changes to the MCD's and added MCD hacks to the rulesets for the more troublesome tiles.

3: Levithan - Invisible hole in Roof.
    FIXED - Found the problem in the MAP file and fixed. How did I miss this first time round?

I'll continue to try and upload to the mod site, but untill Jo5hua finds the bug in the code, nothing can be done. Please use the link in the first post instead.

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 08:58:05 pm »
SIMON, Orz and all the others who reported problems: most of them are fixed now.

Thanks, those MCD patches & hacks really make a difference. Worth the wait :)

PS: Orz believes they've found little oversight...

Code: [Select]
MCDPatches:
  - type: LEVIA_3

Should be LEVIA_2.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:07:15 pm by Orz »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 05:30:39 am »
Thanks, those MCD patches & hacks really make a difference. Worth the wait :)

PS: Orz believes they've found little oversight...

Code: [Select]
MCDPatches:
  - type: LEVIA_3

Should be LEVIA_2.

Whops - Will fix tonight, thanks.

Edit: Fixed - Repared version now avaliable for download - Link to Google Drive is in the first post.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:37:36 am by Roxis231 »