aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 732564 times)

Offline SagaDC

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51:53 am »
I just applied Meridian's mod, and everything seemed to be working fine for a bit. But now every time I load a saved game, all of my Hands disappear. Any idea why that might be happening?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2016, 01:17:41 pm »
I just applied Meridian's mod, and everything seemed to be working fine for a bit. But now every time I load a saved game, all of my Hands disappear. Any idea why that might be happening?

Which version of X-PirateZ do you have?
And which version of my mod do you have?

Offline SagaDC

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »
Which version of X-PirateZ do you have?
And which version of my mod do you have?

I installed X-Piratez  0.97D (2.5+ v01-29-2016), the latest version on the OpenXcom website. I then installed the 0.98 (2.9+ v2016-02-28) mod from the beginning of this thread on top of it. It's entirely possible that I installed it wrong, or overlooked some kind of compatibility issue between the versions.

I installed the 0.98 mod by simply copy/pasting the files into the 0.97D folder and replacing as necessary, then using the new executable to launch the game. I did end up having to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 to get it to work, but after that it seemed to work fine.

At the moment I can save during battles without any issues, but if I save during the Geoscape sequence then the save file will "forget" all of my Hands, leaving my Barracks and vessels empty.

EDIT - When I revert the game back to 2.5b+, my save files work just fine. My Hands reappear in the barracks, even in files where they had seemingly disappeared.

EDIT x2 - I just realized that with the 2.9+ mod applied, it also removes the ability to hire new Hands through the Black Market.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:19:47 pm by SagaDC »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »
I installed X-Piratez  0.97D (2.5+ v01-29-2016), the latest version on the OpenXcom website. I then installed the 0.98 (2.9+ v2016-02-28) mod from the beginning of this thread on top of it. It's entirely possible that I installed it wrong, or overlooked some kind of compatibility issue between the versions.

Yes, it is a compatibility issue.

PirateZ 0.97 is comaptible only with 2.5+.
PirateZ 0.98 is compatible only with 2.9+.

That's why I keep two download links in the first post...

Offline SagaDC

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »
Yes, it is a compatibility issue.

PirateZ 0.97 is comaptible only with 2.5+.
PirateZ 0.98 is compatible only with 2.9+.

That's why I keep two download links in the first post...

Ah! Well, that would certainly explain it then. I knew I had overlooked something obvious. I did notice the specific compatability notes, but apparently I clicked on the wrong download link anyway. :P

Thank you very much, and I hope you folks keep up the good work. Even with the compatability issues, I've still been having a blast trying out X-Piratez. :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2016, 12:22:03 am »
New version is up.

Download for piratez 0.98 already available in first post.
Download for piratez 0.97 will be published tomorrow.

v2016-03-09
  + Added fatal wounds infobox (shortcut is ctrl+w)
  + Manufacturing: displaying produced items after required items
  + Added support for field medic experience training (=experience training possible (by default no training) when healing fatal wounds of any unit)
  + Fixed primed grenade indicator (inventory ground)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2016, 01:26:41 am »
Would it be possible to make a command next to a research topic which blocks another research? This would allow to introduce choices and multiple paths. One crucial thing, the command should remove the blocked topic from the list if the blocking one is selected for research; otherwise it would be possible to bring both of them to the research menu and have both.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2016, 10:27:42 am »
Would it be possible to make a command next to a research topic which blocks another research? This would allow to introduce choices and multiple paths. One crucial thing, the command should remove the blocked topic from the list if the blocking one is selected for research; otherwise it would be possible to bring both of them to the research menu and have both.

Yes... can you give me one specific example for inspiration?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2016, 06:02:51 pm »
Yeah. I'm not planning to add this soon, but there's an idea you could take the evil path: striking a deal with Mercs and throwing away all this 'defend the mutants' thing, become for-profit-only evil pirate. I was planning to do it like this:
1. optional research that enables a new mission spawn
2. mission (do a Pogrom... yourself, and get paid)
3. you get  research item
4. once researched, this changes missions that spawn - in short, no more Mutant Pogroms in the defensive sense, now you go to kill and rob the mutants.
5. this should make it impossible to form Mutant Self Defense Force or help mutants in other constructive ways;
6. However, even if these actions will be based on missions too, and these missions would be blocked by research, the player can hoard a research item and research them both later, at the same time, thus weaseling out of such a choice.

This is only a general outline; it's possible there will be more of such game-altering choices.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2016, 10:57:07 pm »
New version is up.

Download for piratez 0.98 already available in first post

Downloaded and tried out.

OpenXcomExPlus29.exe is not a valid Win32 application

??? WTF ???

Never had any of the previous 2.9's do that before.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2016, 09:11:57 pm »
Just tried to compile from the 2.9-plus-proto branch and got:

Code: [Select]
/home/jpaucl/XCom/OpenXCom/Compilations/Meridian/src/Basescape/ManufactureStartState.cpp: In constructor ‘OpenXcom::ManufactureStartState::ManufactureStartState(OpenXcom::Base*, OpenXcom::RuleManufacture*)’:
/home/jpaucl/XCom/OpenXCom/Compilations/Meridian/src/Basescape/ManufactureStartState.cpp:137:56: error: cannot pass objects of non-trivially-copyable type ‘const class OpenXcom::LocalizedText’ through ‘...’
   _lstRequiredItems->addRow(1, tr("STR_UNITS_PRODUCED"));
                                                        ^
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/openxcom.dir/Basescape/ManufactureStartState.cpp.o] Error 1

:(

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2016, 10:49:08 pm »
OpenXcomExPlus29.exe is not a valid Win32 application

No idea man...

Just tried to compile from the 2.9-plus-proto branch and got:
ManufactureStartState.cpp:137:56: error: cannot pass objects of non-trivially-copyable type ‘const class OpenXcom::LocalizedText’ through ‘...’
_lstRequiredItems->addRow(1, tr("STR_UNITS_PRODUCED"));

Assign tr("STR_UNITS_PRODUCED") to a variable before this line; and then just use the variable instead... or just replace that whole thing with a static text

cross-platform/compiler compatibility is gonna kill IT one day I tell ya...

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2016, 12:11:19 am »
Downloaded and tried out.

??? WTF ???

l
Are you running WinXP by any chance?

If no, then are you running a 64-bit OS?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2016, 02:56:01 am »
Assign tr("STR_UNITS_PRODUCED") to a variable before this line; and then just use the variable instead... or just replace that whole thing with a static text

cross-platform/compiler compatibility is gonna kill IT one day I tell ya...

That's odd, my compiler never seemed to be more picky except with oxce+.. Anyhow.

I tried to define a variable, and failed pathetically.. it wouldn't store the value in anything but a "const OpenXcom::LocalizedText", which the addRow function wouldn't accept any ways... I expect addRow wants a normal string, but I couldn't use a std::string to store the output.

I ended up commenting out the line and writing:
Code: [Select]
                https://_lstRequiredItems->addRow(1, tr("STR_UNITS_PRODUCED"));
                _lstRequiredItems->addRow(1,"Units Produced");

which went through compilation. It's still compiling (takes forever...), hopefully it works. If you could address that in a better way, I'd be happy to get a proper fix ;)

Also, I noticed that in Piratez, STR_UNITS_REQUIRED is "UNITS REQUIRED", but STR_UNITS_PRODUCED is "Units Produced", that seemed weird if they are to be displayed equivalently.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2016, 09:41:34 pm »
l
Are you running WinXP by any chance?

If no, then are you running a 64-bit OS?

On my home machine - yes. but every other version of 2.9 has worked on that machine before, so why not this one?