Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720035 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2015, 05:08:54 pm »
Could you publish your source code on github? Probably many people interested in more spicy version of extended would like grab it from there.

btw fun fact if you publish exe you should publish code too because GNU licensee obligate you to do it.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 05:15:22 pm »
I am not very good with GitHub, last time I made a PR, it took me several hours and few attempts.

I wanted to prepare and publish Git patch files instead.
Maybe you can then publish them in a separate branch of your depo... that way it would be even on one place. OK?

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2015, 09:57:17 pm »
Patch files are the superior choice here, so I can definitely encourage you to stay on that path.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 01:24:38 am »
I am not very good with GitHub, last time I made a PR, it took me several hours and few attempts.

I wanted to prepare and publish Git patch files instead.
Maybe you can then publish them in a separate branch of your depo... that way it would be even on one place. OK?
I can always help you with publishing to github. And for repo I think it would be better if you fork my repo. With this you will have full control on it and publishing will be one click for new visual studio (AFAIK vs2015 update 1 have plugin for that). And this will be still in one place. GitHub track all forks and show in one page:
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/network
You can easy find all forks and commits of openxcom (and it will be better if your contribution would be under your name not mine).

Of coarse git was design that you can send your changes by mail, publishing combined patch will be fine too.

Offline eisenefaust

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2015, 06:07:34 am »
Thanks Meridian for all the hard work you have put into this. I've been really enjoying your customizations to the project.
Do you think you also put up the zips containing your static smoke, custom music, and StatStrings? You may also consider putting a link to Dioxine's post about the barbershop to help new people find it easier.
I've been making my own custom stat strings but I'm more curious about your ranges for them all.
Thanks again! I look forward to more of your LP and updates!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 11:54:16 am »
Yes, I will upload also mods when I get back home. I don't have access to them right now.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2015, 04:30:50 pm »
New version is available.

v2015-12-26
  + added column displaying "dynamic" stats (the one selected in combobox) on:
      * Vessels > Crew screen
      * Hands on Deck screen
  + added kneel indicator (inspired by PR from DreamThorn, but only did a cheap version without dedicated sprites)
  + added more info to Alien Containment GUI (if live alien sale is enabled)
  - restored back Multi-level view in Battlescape, UFopedia can be opened by hotkey (hotkey for UFOpedia, usually "U")

These are all features I wanted to implement ... I have a few more days though, can anyone think of a small but usable improvement I could do next?

Meridian

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2015, 04:37:24 pm »
The only thing I was thinking about is like the kneel indicator, but for short units (that you might lose sight of behind a wall).  Attack dogs come to mind, and even enemy guard dogs.  I know you haven't really been playing with dogs in your LP like you did with FMP, but its something to consider. :)

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2015, 04:46:07 pm »

Here's a slightly clearer indicator.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2015, 05:01:28 pm »

I like this one. But I assume it requires adding new resources (the bitmap file), which makes it a bit less convenient to use, since it requires its own minimod or something. Still, I'll vote for this.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2015, 05:08:13 pm »

This is already implemented here: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/1056

I made just a cheap version, which doesn't need any resources or rulesets... so that I can distribute only EXE.

The posh version will hopefully get into the vanilla soon... which will make my version obsolete.

The only thing I was thinking about is like the kneel indicator, but for short units (that you might lose sight of behind a wall).  Attack dogs come to mind, and even enemy guard dogs.  I know you haven't really been playing with dogs in your LP like you did with FMP, but its something to consider. :)

And what exactly should be done? I somehow missed the request in your sentence.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:10:30 pm by Meridian »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2015, 05:27:02 pm »
Hmm... I guess I was thinking of some type of flag.... I thought I had seen one in your LP but maybe it was elsewhere.  It would probably require graphics assets though.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2015, 07:27:43 pm »
New version available.

v2015-12-27
  + added info about medikit "ammo" on Hand UI
  + added info about medikit "target" on the Hand UI tooltip (more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg56867.html#msg56867)
  + moved manufacturing error messages (not enough workshop space / not enough hangars) further down the chain (more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4178.msg56841.html#msg56841)
  + improved remaining firing/throwing/melee accuracy display on Unit Stats GUI (more info here: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Accuracy_formula#Stat_Screen_Accuracy)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:31:15 pm by Meridian »

Offline eisenefaust

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2015, 08:07:43 am »
Yes, I will upload all mods when I get back home. I don't have access to them right now.
Great! Thanks very much.
It also appears to me that you are using a worksheet or something to help you figure out what is best melee and ranged weapons for the gals to use. Would you mind sharing that as well? I would find it very interesting as well.
Thanks again!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2015, 12:36:37 pm »
  + improved remaining firing/throwing/melee accuracy display on Unit Stats GUI (more info here: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Accuracy_formula#Stat_Screen_Accuracy)

What, exactly, is now shown? Not sure if I understand this, or at least I don't understand what your intention was...