aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720031 times)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 08:22:49 pm »
*eagerly awaits Soldier Diaries to track kills/stuns and all that awesome stuff and for the eventual Pirate Commendations/Awards*

This is definitely incredibly work for any mod and any player, ESPECIALLY for new players coming into the game (people are still actually trying out OpenXcom and experiencing 1996 X-Com/TFTD for the first time!), more so for total conversion mods when people haven't memorized everything (or can't because there's 4 different types of ammo for weapons that may do something differently).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 08:49:31 pm »
(or can't because there's 4 different types of ammo for weapons that may do something differently).

Never 4 ammo types. 1,2,3,6 or 9, other numbers are not kosher :)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »
*eagerly awaits Soldier Diaries to track kills/stuns and all that awesome stuff and for the eventual Pirate Commendations/Awards*

This is definitely incredibly work for any mod and any player, ESPECIALLY for new players coming into the game (people are still actually trying out OpenXcom and experiencing 1996 X-Com/TFTD for the first time!), more so for total conversion mods when people haven't memorized everything (or can't because there's 4 different types of ammo for weapons that may do something differently).

Soldier Diaries does track kill/stuns. Not for X-P tho.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 12:22:01 pm »
Yes, exactly. And I don't mind palette problems either, compared to vast interface improvement. The way you have to do it now... It's pain.

Done, see attached screenshot.
There is a palette problem as expected, but it is so small I didn't even notice it at first :-)

Hehehe, yes, only then. Unless the only option available in-battle was to take the armor off completely :)

I did it only when in base (you can open the armor selection GUI by hotkey for "Abort mission", usually "A"). In battlescape, it does nothing.

Btw. I hacked it pretty ugly, so I would appreciate if somebody could test it, if it doesn't crash under various circumstances (e.g. multiple bases, multiple craft in bases, including wounded soldiers, anything else you can think of...).

I will upload a new version today in the evening (before 20:00 CET), after I implement some more features.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 04:49:40 pm »
New version is now available (in the first post).

Besides ability to change armor directly in Inventory, the Martial Training screen has been improved too, see screenshot.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 04:59:34 pm »
I love it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 05:00:21 pm »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 05:40:59 pm »
This is looking reeeeaaally good.

I can't wait to have Soldier Diaries though. Hurry up Yankes! :P

The endless possibilities to show off all kinds of goodies on stream/playthroughs!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 11:23:30 am »
Meridian, I know this question could be uncomfortable, but are you planning to update this branch whenever Yankes releases a new version? Unless he incorporates it in the OXCE, but I don't expect it at this point.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 11:32:10 am »
Meridian, I know this question could be uncomfortable, but are you planning to update this branch whenever Yankes releases a new version? Unless he incorporates it in the OXCE, but I don't expect it at this point.

Yes, my changes are mostly in the very stable part of the source code, so it should be very easy to update once OXCE 3.0 is out.
I will continue doing it at least during the duration of the X-PirateZ LP (cca 2 years? :) ). After that... too early to say.

EDIT: upgrade to Visual Studio 2015 (required for OXCE 3.0+) might be a small problem, but somebody will for sure help me with the (potential) compiling issues.

EDIT2: added myk002's manufacturing profitability with one improvement... if the number has only one significant digit (e.g. +$2M) then show one more digit after decimal point (e.g. +$2.7M)... because it makes a big difference if I make 1.0 or 1.9 million from my alcohol trading ;-)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:48:22 pm by Meridian »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »
New version is available (in the first post).

New stuff:

v2015-12-23
  + showing total maintenance time directly on Intercept window (inspired by PR by bslaveboy, but done differently)
  + blink health bar on fatal wounds (by redv)
  + added manufacturing profitability (by myk002 with small improvement, see also: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3517.0.html)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2015, 04:12:17 pm »
Today only one new feature:

I'm sure it happens to you too... all the time. You had a bad month, or missed a terror mission and suddenly UFO activity increased to 10x the usual value... and all your charts are completely useless because all the important information is cramped in a few pixels, because of a single big spike.

Well, now you can select the scaling of the charts manually.
Possible options:
1/ 0 to 90 (or -10 to 80 if there is at least one negative value)
2/ 0 to 180 (or -20 to 160)
4/ 0 to 360 (or -40 to 320)
8/ 0 to 720 (or -80 to 640)
16/ 0 to 1440 (or -160 to 1280)

If you don't select anything, the automatically calculated scale is applied as usual.

Finally useful charts! :D

PS: one example attached (same situation, 3 different scalings)... it's not the best example (I don't have a save with a big spike right now), but you get the idea...

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2015, 04:15:34 pm »
We need to put you on holiday more often!  Look at all the amazing things you are doing!! This is tremendous! <3

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »
That's really awesome! I was thinking of suggesting a "scale to current month" function for graphs, but this does the trick!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 03:45:24 pm »
Changelog:
----------------
v2015-12-25
  + added soldier sorting into:
      * Vessels > Crew screen
      * Vessels > Armor screen
      * Hands on Deck screen (unlike other screens combobox is on the top of the screen, there was no place on the bottom)
      * VooDoo Classes screen
      * Martial Training screen

If I can I will add one more useful surprise to Hands on Deck (Soldier List) screen tomorrow.

Download in the first post.