aliens

Author Topic: [UFO] [WIP] UNIT Operations - A Doctor Who Conversion v0.2.1  (Read 25051 times)

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO] [WIP] UNIT Operations - A Doctor Who Conversion v0.2.1
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2022, 04:04:23 pm »
Finally figured out where I was going wrong with the UFOPedia palette this weekend, which means I can start bulking out the UFOPedia a little more.

Added the Tornado GR4 - a step-up from the Harrier jump jet that you start with. The Tornado is faster and capable of a longer range than the Harrier, but it's still a great deal more fragile than anything from outer space.

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2022, 10:55:00 pm »
Hit a bit of a brick wall with respect to mission generation. Regardless of what I'm requesting, the game seems insistent on providing me with Sectoids and vanilla ships, regardless of what I'm requesting from the alienMissions ruleset.

If anyone's able to advise what I'm doing wrong here it would be greatly appreciated...

Updated mod is attached for your perusal..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2022, 09:35:06 am »
Hit a bit of a brick wall with respect to mission generation. Regardless of what I'm requesting, the game seems insistent on providing me with Sectoids and vanilla ships, regardless of what I'm requesting from the alienMissions ruleset.

If anyone's able to advise what I'm doing wrong here it would be greatly appreciated...

Updated mod is attached for your perusal..

You haven't deleted any vanilla scripts, so they still get executed.

Try adding this at the beginning of your missionScripts:

Code: [Select]
  - delete: gameStart

Same for any other vanilla scripts that you want to disable.

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2022, 04:32:26 pm »
Hooray!

So, mission generation is now functioning. If you try out the new game option it will instantly generate a mission for you and your soldiers.

UFOs are now also being generated, but there's not much variety going on there just yet.

This week's big project is trying to figure out static maps. There's a sewer map in the new build that for some reason is refusing to play ball. If anyone feels like having a look, feel free to dig in and let me know where I'm going wrong...

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
After a mysterious stone structure appears from nowhere in a farm in Eastern Europe, UNIT is sent to investigate.

Has there been any progress made on the Oogi stones?