Author Topic: [ARMOR] The X-Com Files: armours and paperdolls  (Read 6666 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
[ARMOR] The X-Com Files: armours and paperdolls
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:05:17 pm »
Well, I've been working on some armours for the X-Com Files mod, and I want to show some results. I have decided to open a new thread to avoid cluttering the main one.

As you may recognize, most of these armours were already in the Final Mod Pack, except for the first two (which you will wear in early game). The most intensive thing was making more faces, some of them converted by Dioxine from TFTD, some made by other talented modders.

Of course the vanilla faces are in, too. :)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] The X-Com Files: armours and paperdolls
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 05:31:18 pm »
One minor thing that always bugged me about the stormtrooper inventory pictures is that they look a tiny bit too wide/broad, especially in the shoulder area, maybe shrink them by one or two pixeld?. Apart from that: Really awesome work, your leather coats made me think about a SYNDICATE conversion. Not that I am going to do one, though  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »
One minor thing that always bugged me about the stormtrooper inventory pictures is that they look a tiny bit too wide/broad, especially in the shoulder area, maybe shrink them by one or two pixeld?

I might. I've actually stolen them for XOps, so I'll check if he hasn't done it yet. :D

Apart from that: Really awesome work, your leather coats made me think about a SYNDICATE conversion. Not that I am going to do one, though  :)

Thanks. :) I was aiming more for the 90's TV series, but it's all interconnected...

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »
This would be my take on a more feminine Scully.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 06:51:12 pm »
I might. I've actually stolen them for XOps, so I'll check if he hasn't done it yet. :D

I have updated them.

However, as you can see the style is very different now. It's more sleek/modern post 2000s and less 90s TVish. So I'm not really sure if they would fit style wise.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 06:06:28 pm »

Wow, impressive. But I'm a bit torn about the two. I like your design better, but it's not as smooth as the one I stole from Robin made all by myself. There's just not enough depth. Maybe you could work out something even better?

Though I still like the butchy version, too. Maybe we could alternate the designs between various characters (faces)? Or would that be too confusing?

I have updated them.

However, as you can see the style is very different now. It's more sleek/modern post 2000s and less 90s TVish. So I'm not really sure if they would fit style wise.

Wow, it's actually way better for me too. Thanks!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 08:19:29 pm »

Aren't the skirt Scully's hips a bit too large when compared to her character in the series? At least from what I've remember...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 12:50:02 am »
Aren't the skirt Scully's hips a bit too large when compared to her character in the series? At least from what I've remember...

Well it's a total conversion mod, everything is bigger. (Though whether bigger is better always remains debatable.)