Author Topic: Suggestion: Bleeding Icon on Corpse BigObs  (Read 2658 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Suggestion: Bleeding Icon on Corpse BigObs
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:01:30 pm »
X-com soldiers can fall conscious and die due to fatal wounds.  (So can enemies if you enable the option). 

Currently, the only way to know if they are bleeding is by standing over them trying to use a medikit. 

Wouldn't it be nice to check them even if you didn't have a medikit and know whether or not they needed aid?   

How about putting a simple "Bleeding" icon that could be represented by a red tear drop overlaid on the Corpse Big Object.  That way you could use the inventory screen when standing over a fallen unit and tell not only if they are dead or unconcious, but also if they are fatally wounded.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up and discussed/dismissed.  I didn't find it when I searched suggestions. 

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Bleeding Icon on Corpse BigObs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »
I have plans to add options to switch bigobs based on any stat you want in extended version 3.0.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:20:30 pm »
I have plans to add options to switch bigobs based on any stat you want in extended version 3.0.

Awesome!  I wasn't sure if you did.  You do amazing work!  Cheers!

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 07:01:52 pm »
You can enter the stats screen of any soldier, and use the NEXT/PREVIOUS arrows to check if anybody has any fatal wounds. I think it will let you review inconscious soldiers, even though you can't select them in the normal battle interface.