Author Topic: Cannot Destroy Control Center in Alien Base Assault (Expanded Ubase Rework 1.2)  (Read 4259 times)

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
I know this mod is a little outdated, but I got back to playing after some lengthy break and I was assaulting a Muton base and getting my @ss kicked really bad, but I was spawned right next to the command center, so I figure I'd destroy it (blow up the 4 pink tables on 2nd floor) and ditch. Was taking couple prisoners with me too, so it was good. And I got only 2 soldiers left! But I digress...

So there I was, dumbfounded...

I subsequently made sure to remove all mods but this one just to double-check. Same thing. And yes, I end the turn too just to be sure. Nothing. So what's not triggering the "CONTROL CENTER DESTROYED" pop-up?

(Vanilla works fine, also tested, so the problem's got something to do with this mod alone.)

No rush, thanks :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:02:55 pm by Orz »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Most likely: ruleset regarding the alienDeployment for Alien Base Assault needs to be updated to work in the nightlies. Just check the vanilla alienDeployment to see what's missing from the mod ruleset

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Since I am the one who last worked on the mod.
I have a hotfix attached towards this post.

Admin please merge this thread into this thread

I will update this Mod completly soon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:13:33 am by hellrazor »

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Thanks for the prompt replies! Unfortunately, I don't believe this has anything to do with alienDeployment as I also attempted to "fix" it that way already (just copied/pasted vanilla's exact deployment). And just now I tried this hotfix. Must be something else or... else!

For a moment, I thought maybe some other maptiles could be marked as the "control center" so destroying the pink tables alone wouldn't do it? I don't know, I tried Blaster Bombing practically everything in the base, but nothing would bring up the damned "CONTROL CENTER DESTROYED" pop-up! >:(

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Try adding: objectivesRequired amd set ot to 16.
I will look at this at home.

Edit the popup is only shown at the beginning of the next turn.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:57:44 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Try adding: objectivesRequired amd set ot to 16.

That seems to have done the trick, thanks! :D

Edit: Checking previous save file, objectivesNeeded was set at 17, probably due to lack of objectivesRequired having been defined in alienDeploiyment? Whatevs, as long as it works now!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:57:21 pm by Orz »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Orz, please always do Mod bugreports in the mods respectice thread.
if its one of my mods i get a email notification.