Author Topic: How do I write a rule to overwrite the old rule?  (Read 2798 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
How do I write a rule to overwrite the old rule?
« on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:50 am »
How do I define a piece of a mod ruleset as replacing the base ruleset, or define it as not replacing it?

Here's some things I am trying to do:

1.) make added items appear in specific positions on the list, rather than at the end (like in the buy list)
2.) cause a portion of the base ruleset to not be read at all (say I don't want a specific research project to show up at all)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: How do I write a rule to overwrite the old rule?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 06:29:20 pm »
1) You need to set the item's listOrder property to have it show up at the right place

2) You need to delete that project or, more easily, redefine the project's new dependencies so it depends on something that doesn't exist (and thus can never be made available to research).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 07:35:00 pm »
3) you need to read ruleset reference. :P

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:01:21 am »
1) You need to set the item's listOrder property to have it show up at the right place

2) You need to delete that project or, more easily, redefine the project's new dependencies so it depends on something that doesn't exist (and thus can never be made available to research).
3) you need to read ruleset reference. :P
Thanks both of you! I found a few rules on that list I was looking for, and at least one I didn't know I was looking for!

I still can't seem to figure out how to change the number of soldiers that start on the Skyranger. When I give the player 12 soldiers to start with, they are all on the Skyranger to begin with but I want just 8 on the Skyranger and 4 to stay home.