Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Ufopaedia/Research QoL improvements  (Read 11917 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ufopaedia/Research QoL improvements
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »
1 - Fix the "research completed" popup so that it always displays what was completed. Currently, if you research a, say, sectoid medic twice, the second time the name of the research topic is not displayed, so you have to guess what just completed from what extra ufopaedia article you got.

I wanted to implement this today, but the code is rather complicated/confusing... I gave up for now... maybe next Xmas.

So, it didn't even take a whole year and I returned to this... it's fixed... just need to test it a bit and it will be in the next release.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 04:43:19 am »
Woot! That's awesome!

That was one feature I was really looking forward to. I hate the uninformative popups! If it's on github, I'll recompile straight-away to test it!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »
Yes, it is. Here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/505d47d0d7ace5219fd137a7349fcabd84cd61f1

Does it mean I can tie several 0 cost researches to one research and get them all displayed?
Example from X-Com Files: you have several levels of authority, gradually unlocked with research. On level 0, you only have access to equipment available to normal police, namely pistols and a small shotgun for close quarters. At level 1, you get small calibre rifles etc. Each weapon has its own research that costs 0 and has the new level as dependency.
So, if after the advance you get all the new Ufopedia pages displayed one by one, that's awesome.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 02:23:24 pm »
No, I did point #1 from the list in the first post.

You're describing #2 (or something similar), that's not done yet.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 07:12:52 pm »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 07:44:49 pm »
Added to nightlies, as it has been personally bugging me as well. :)

Woohoo, my first commit in the master branch!
Now let's hope I didn't mess something up... I tested everything I could think of again just now and it looks fine, fingers crossed.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 07:52:16 pm »
Yes, it is. Here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/505d47d0d7ace5219fd137a7349fcabd84cd61f1

Perfect! Today is new version day again! (Just have to unhardcode vision range and add the new scanner+)

Maybe I'll make a github with "Arthanor's patched up code" so others can benefit from the stuff I scavenge around.