aliens

Author Topic: Piratez 0.99A.1 TechTreeViewer (partial)  (Read 21125 times)

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Piratez 0.99A.1 TechTreeViewer (partial)
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:30:20 pm »
This tool will show you all direct and some indirect dependencies for selected project.

1) Type project name (or part of it) on text field in top-left corner.
2) Select project from dropdown list.
3) Wait...
4) Browse dependencies (If you dont know difference between different link types, you can find details here)
5) To select different project bubble just double click/tap it.

UPD #1: Added support for older versions of the mod.
UPD #2: Back and forward browser buttons should work now.
UPD #3: New version with better mobile devices support here. Can be used on desktop pc too, but for now it lacking some things from the old one.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:43:22 am by Imeryak »

niculinux

Re: PirateZ tech tree viewer (partial)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 06:49:08 pm »
Super, thank you!!!!! <3

I'd like to humbly suggest that instead the blank field Select project: i'd use a dropdown menu wiht selecting tabs, maybe as an alternative. Also, why don't pack inside a folder labelled "Extended Piratex tech viewer?

[...]
6) Browse dependencies (If you dont know difference between different link types, you can find details here)

Sorry but the link at point 6) is broken :,(  Tested on linux ubuntu 14.04 with firefox 42, no problems.

Edit: actuyally there are, some topic like "Assault weapons" typed in the box do not show..

Edit ": some are bugged, screenshot attached :)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:55:00 pm by niculinux »

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 07:47:25 pm »
instead the blank field Select project: i'd use a dropdown menu wiht selecting tabs

It can be done, but will take some time.

why don't pack inside a folder labelled "Extended Piratex tech viewer?

Done.

Sorry but the link at point 6) is broken :,(

Fixed.

Edit: actuyally there are, some topic like "Assault weapons" typed in the box do not show..

Some research dependencies are broken. Added an [Unknown] items that required by it, but actually not in game.
Those can be leftovers from original game of misprints in piratez core file, like "Gauss Ammo Basics", which cannot be researched now.

Edit ": some are bugged, screenshot attached :)

Not a bug, project has no name, only id string.

niculinux

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:59:01 pm »
Thanks, i really doubt it may contain pics, but for this there is already the bootypedia :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Piratez 0.97D TechTreeViewer (partial)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »
I really like this tool, Imeryak! 

@Dioxine: Would you consider "stickying" this thread so its easy to find, when a new version comes out? 

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Piratez 0.98 TechTreeViewer (partial)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:13:49 am »
This techtree is useful. Its kind of funny how I've got the max amount of bases full of pocket battle ships and nightmares but can't use my codes or make accurate plasma guns yet haha.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 04:22:08 am »
This techtree is useful. Its kind of funny how I've got the max amount of bases full of pocket battle ships and nightmares but can't use my codes or make accurate plasma guns yet haha.

Lol! And here I am totally ignoring the Air Game.  Just me, the Bonny, and my Shark Jetbike. ;)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 08:20:49 pm »
Dude!! Now its web-based??? Terrific! :D

https://techtreeviewer.byethost9.com/

Ok, Wish list time: ;)  (This is completely fluff and luxury stuff so feel completely free to ignore it!)

1- The ability to go "back" - either with the browser arrow, or a button above the topic selection, that would bring you to the previously searched topic.
2- The ability to navigate the tree by clicking on topic bubbles.  (This may be way too hard to do, but it would be awesome)

Thanks again, this tool is priceless!
Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Piratez 0.98b TechTreeViewer (partial)
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 11:50:56 pm »
okay so the last few days i have not been to able to get the viewer to work properly. It doesn't provide a drop down list to inputs. For awhile the problem was solved by using a different browser. Now its the alternative browsers as well. Help? 

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 11:55:36 pm »
okay so the last few days i have not been to able to get the viewer to work properly. It doesn't provide a drop down list to inputs. For awhile the problem was solved by using a different browser. Now its the alternative browsers as well. Help?

Its working for me on Chrome. I'd say try clearing the browser cache, but that shouldn't carry across between browsers...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 02:07:44 am »
Well cache clearing fixed it for chrome. Even though the cache was 6.3 megs before and after clearing so...... Firefox still borked but have it working in some form so meh. thks ivan

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 07:40:45 am »
Well cache clearing fixed it for chrome. Even though the cache was 6.3 megs before and after clearing so...... Firefox still borked but have it working in some form so meh. thks ivan

I downloaded last version of firefox, but was not able to replicate bug. Can you provide more info, like browser version and console output?

1- The ability to go "back" - either with the browser arrow, or a button above the topic selection, that would bring you to the previously searched topic.
2- The ability to navigate the tree by clicking on topic bubbles.  (This may be way too hard to do, but it would be awesome)

1) Added in todo list, after bug fixing and zoom feature.
2) You can use doubleclick for that, but only on bubbles with a single text row in it. Selection in multiline bubbles will come in a future. Maybe.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 08:27:53 am »
Latest version of firefox on windows 7. It appears to load properly but fails to produce any drop downs for text input. Sometimes it also fails to load the key in the bottom left with identical behavior. I wouldn't worry to much about it. More then likely its due to either my somewhat poor net or my relatively aged machine. It's well past time for a wipe and clean install from the ground up. But since i would like to keep 7 that particular option is no longer open.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 10:47:50 am »
It's well past time for a wipe and clean install from the ground up. But since i would like to keep 7 that particular option is no longer open.

What's the problem with reinstalling Windows 7? I just did so recently, worked fine.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 10:59:51 am »
In my case i do not have an install disk anymore(7 moves in 3 years stuff goes bye bye) and getting a legit copy is much more of a pain since 10 released.