aliens

Author Topic: [solved] help on ruleset/script changes to avoid gvts destroying piratez  (Read 8200 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: help on ruleset/script changes to avoid gvts destroying piratez
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 09:47:12 pm »
As long as there is coherent explanation you have done your job dioxine.

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: help on ruleset/script changes to avoid gvts destroying piratez
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 06:52:23 pm »
One can say that the score loss condition is patronizing, but isn't it a bit of patronizing, too, to claim something is wrong because you've played a single run and got destroyed?

I've updated the loss texts, maybe that changes nothing but at least explains the whole situation better - the current ones were as old as the mod and lacked coherent vision.

no, no, i don't want to patronize anyone. i felt that i was expressing my opinion about vanilla. you nor anyone else has to do it right by me. i am happy, that i now can change the game the way i want it to be, for reasons i stated. you, if i may say that, please, keep making the mod of your dreams. piratez is awesome. i was elaborating my opinion about a detail in vanilla, not criticising your work. in case you or anyone else felt that way. please see the difference.

i think i understand now. this forum is a vivid exchange of ideas. everything that is written here is examined more or less detailed regarding its potential to better the game or a mod. if i come stomping in and say "BLA BLA ...., i dont like that game machanic! how can i change it!?" it can feel like negative criticism.

but it isn't. and i got admittedly a very headstrong way of arguing, once i feel a particular way. i am new to this forum and thus maybe the tone didnt fit. :-)