Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328965 times)

niculinux

Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2018, 08:54:33 pm »
Hey seems i cannot find the wrench, required to unlock the "tools & blades" research topic and can't progress in research futhermore! I rabdomly get it by ground assoulting medium traders guild ship thet onboard as sn engineer, any other hint where to find it?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2018, 09:02:22 pm »
I've seen wrenches in a few places, the resource extraction mission ships probably being the most common.  I've also picked up the wrench entry via interrogations (It might have been a G.O., pretty sure it wasn't an engineer at any rate).

niculinux

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2018, 09:17:31 pm »
I've seen wrenches in a few places, the resource extraction mission ships probably being the most common.  I've also picked up the wrench entry via interrogations (It might have been a G.O., pretty sure it wasn't an engineer at any rate).

Yes it is a loot coming from such mission but i doubt player may know it by interrogatin a G.O., i remember of an engineer instead

Aside from that, is there any other way to unlock "tools & blades" topic? If not, i'd have to beg Dioxine for slternative ways; in the proper thread.. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:21:37 pm by niculinux »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2018, 09:21:57 pm »
Fire can clear up Smoke on its Z level - while this might work against you it can also be used to set up clear Line of Sight on your own turn.
Fireball Launchers from Death Realms Arena are perfectly fit for doing that.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2018, 02:03:29 am »
Yes it is a loot coming from such mission but i doubt player may know it by interrogatin a G.O., i remember of an engineer instead

Aside from that, is there any other way to unlock "tools & blades" topic? If not, i'd have to beg Dioxine for slternative ways; in the proper thread.. :)

Upon looking, you can get the wrench topic from a whole bunch of different interrogations, quite a few of them are easy to get, like G.O.'s, Tough guy/gal, Highwayman, laborers.

niculinux

« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2018, 07:58:14 pm »
Upon looking, you can get the wrench topic from a whole bunch of different interrogations, quite a few of them are easy to get, like G.O.'s, Tough guy/gal, Highwayman, laborers.

Well, bad luck in me then, because in Oct 2601 in 0.99J3 on jack sparrow level,  i was not able to get it  :'( 0.99J4 is out, maybe with a new relase it gonna be more easy? I hope :)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2018, 08:29:07 pm »
I can attest than wrench is very common, I have seen it in bandits, guild, and several other missions. RNG is a b**** sometimes.

niculinux

« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2018, 09:27:22 pm »
I can attest than wrench is very common, I have seen it in bandits, guild, and several other missions. RNG is a b**** sometimes.

As far as ive seen, i was able in prevouosu versio. that 0.99j4 to obtain it mainly from the guild. What are the "several other missoons", please? Probably ones tht i have skipped/have not been soawned yet by the game :'(

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2018, 05:22:16 am »
I just want to throw in that they can also be found on laborers of those civilian freighters which usually transport consumer goods and soy. 

niculinux

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2018, 11:07:32 am »
I just want to throw in that they can also be found on laborers of those civilian freighters which usually transport consumer goods and soy.

Indeed, if you jave good luck to catch these! I capured a medium ship boarded by laborers, but weench was in the charfo, plus i tryed interrohating a laborer but it gave me a silcer bar and ao i' m just right before :'( :'( >:( ;D

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2018, 11:24:15 am »
Indeed, if you jave good luck to catch these! I capured a medium ship boarded by laborers, but weench was in the charfo, plus i tryed interrohating a laborer but it gave me a silcer bar and ao i' m just right before :'( :'( >:( ;D
Keep interrogating them. They'll run out of their pool of other stuff eventually - also, interrogate all the Sharp/Tough Guy/Girl prisoners to make the pool run out faster. Same for researching Decrypted Data Discs.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2018, 11:57:16 am »
Whats a good way for breaking into Bank or Megapol Prison? Explosives arent good enough.
Is it as simple as packing a Fusion Torch?

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2018, 02:04:31 pm »
You can try a simple hammer or a pickaxe on a strong gal. Mining laser works too. Fusion torch is a bit expensive to use routinely, but for bank robbery it's ok too.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2018, 06:54:43 pm »
As far as ive seen, i was able in prevouosu versio. that 0.99j4 to obtain it mainly from the guild. What are the "several other missoons", please? Probably ones tht i have skipped/have not been soawned yet by the game :'(

STR_VESSEL_EXCAVATOR
STR_VESSEL_CI_TRUCK
STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST
STR_SEA_SUNKEN_CARGO_SHIP
STR_SPACE_FREIGHTER
STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST_TEMPERATE (And other climates)
STR_VESSEL_COURIER
STR_VESSEL_FREIGHTER_L
STR_VESSEL_FREIGHTER_G
STR_VESSEL_HEAVY_FREIGHTER
STR_VESSEL_LABSHIP
STR_VESSEL_GUNSHIP
STR_VESSEL_BOMBER
STR_LARGE_SCOUT

Weirdly, I'm pretty sure I have see it outside vessels and guild outpost. I'm pretty sure I have seen a b-boy or a higwaymen with one. But maybe I have a delirium

niculinux

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2018, 10:15:31 pm »
in th 0.99J3 was implemented a nw kind of stun icom, but what's the difference between the "ghosty" one and the standard "Zzzz"?