Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328777 times)

Offline termidor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #885 on: April 17, 2023, 01:35:45 am »
One quick question, what are the conditions to unlock the rank:boss research? I am at Feb second year and in  general I'm doing fine, but I'am unable to advance in rank to get Krazy Hannah.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 18, 2023, 08:19:51 pm »
One quick question, what are the conditions to unlock the rank:boss research? I am at Feb second year and in  general I'm doing fine, but I'am unable to advance in rank to get Krazy Hannah.
Have Rank: Enterpreneur
Have interrogated (researched) an "officer" or higher ranked foe. (MarSec Bodyguard, for example)
Have researched "The Social Hierarchy"
Have earned at least 6000 points in the previous month.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 19, 2023, 03:48:57 pm »
ok, so finally i got promoted to "rank:rogue" and finally unlocked "contact: car thieves"! I also built the personal labs, but i regret to have produced the little bird, it's basically useless! Previously wasted some money buyng a priranha but did not have 25mm cannon rounds  >:( :D

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 20, 2023, 10:31:36 am »
i regret to have produced the little bird, it's basically useless!
It is not completely useless (but close to that). With little bird you can at least destroy Roving Bands.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #889 on: April 20, 2023, 10:51:31 am »
It is not completely useless (but close to that). With little bird you can at least destroy Roving Bands.

And that's a big difference, points-wise.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 03, 2023, 01:51:14 am »
The mod has five diffculty levels, but to have acces to all content i must play from nr. 3 and above ("blackbeard"), right?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 03, 2023, 11:37:53 am »
The mod has five diffculty levels, but to have acces to all content i must play from nr. 3 and above ("blackbeard"), right?

No, 2nd is enough to get all the features (except some highest level only nastiness).

Offline Patooka

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 09, 2023, 12:36:01 am »
Just out of curiosity, do Rimrider outposts ever decay?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 09, 2023, 10:50:35 am »
Just out of curiosity, do Rimrider outposts ever decay?

I haven't checked the data, but they don't seem to ever disappear.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 09, 2023, 02:54:45 pm »
Whoa, with a hell of a luck (?!?!) i stumbled upon an academy hopper and captured an academy esper!! But cannot research because i don't even have competed the "school books" project - though i own these in my lab. Hurra!

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2023, 04:21:15 pm »
Reached end of july 2602, acquired the racketeer rank, and bought again a nice pirhana (the screenshot is right before; also dismantled the corridor next to the lab and built crew quaters) , but researched the "back to school" project too, while stood succesufully against a dark ones crackdown.

Still need to get access to an interceptor assembly, and laser weapon construction, though  :'(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 06:33:56 pm by ontherun »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 23, 2023, 11:04:55 am »
Why "dead men looted" in debriefing misison screen always earns negative score? Is there somothing i can do to avoid it?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 23, 2023, 01:12:26 pm »
Why "dead men looted" in debriefing misison screen always earns negative score? Is there somothing i can do to avoid it?

Not "always", only when you kill people you're not supposed to.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 25, 2023, 02:53:17 pm »
  • Not "always", only when you kill people you're not supposed to.

i suppose them are civiliana and in general neutral and/or friendly units?
  • the mag munitions decription says:

Instead of expending effort in trying to develop full-fledged rail weapons, we drew inspiration from the Rail Driver and prepared self-propelling magnetic munitions that can be fired from sufficiently robust firearms. As the ammo needs a power source and magnetic coils, the ammo is heavier, but the firepower increases by 25-50%. The Armor Penetration, if any, is lost, however.

so these are more a rifle verison of the slayer bullets - a conterpart of expanding bullet - but both seems to be pretty useless against decen armoured enemies, let's say 20+ right?
  • In the guns of the patriots misison reinvorecemt came after the fifth turn and then every five turns or it happens randomly, that is no necessailry after a certain amount of turns, but following the mess player causes during battle, eg: intense use of explosives, tha alerts the patrols?
  • I cannot didsssemble hydra laser, while other weapons of such yes. Is that intended? and why?
  • Building an hideout in certain countries has effect on how enemy has chances to spot and assault it? Might be better an island ?
  • Does enemies run out of ammo? that is particulairly frusttrating, especially in long battles, when i carry weapons with small magazines (eg handcannons) and reinforcements might arrive

Anyways, by the end of november 2602 finally unlocked laser weapons and finally managed to buld even a power station, and got promoted to rank: enterpreneur! Also encountered the first mercenaries ship, managed to ground assault a couple of these, but quickly retreat without engaging, havin them flying around  drops significantly score, from 6000 to 5000 by the end of the month, so i cannot score more, damn!

But then sadly at beginning of the month got a base crackdown from guild and marsec, so i was defeated  :'(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 08:07:33 pm by ontherun »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 26, 2023, 04:07:53 pm »
i suppose them are civiliana and in general neutral and/or friendly units?[/li][/list]
Not necessarily, government people if you attack them would be unfriendly and tank the score by hundreds
  • the mag munitions decription says:

Instead of expending effort in trying to develop full-fledged rail weapons, we drew inspiration from the Rail Driver and prepared self-propelling magnetic munitions that can be fired from sufficiently robust firearms. As the ammo needs a power source and magnetic coils, the ammo is heavier, but the firepower increases by 25-50%. The Armor Penetration, if any, is lost, however.

so these are more a rifle verison of the slayer bullets - a conterpart of expanding bullet - but both seems to be pretty useless against decen armoured enemies, let's say 20+ right?
Normal armor piercing on guns that can use those ammo ignores around 10-15%, so an upgrade of the 25% damage minimum would be an improvement in general. Not only that, but piercing damage above 60 actually damages armor, so machinegun with the MAG ammo (HMG has 82 damage) might allow you to strip armor where normal ammo would do nothing.

I recall beating a mechtoid (60 armor, 0.8 piercing multiplier) with the Eagle pistols.

• In the guns of the patriots misison reinvorecemt came after the fifth turn and then every five turns or it happens randomly, that is no necessailry after a certain amount of turns, but following the mess player causes during battle, eg: intense use of explosives, tha alerts the patrols?
Missions with reinforcements are coded by placing invisible mines that detonate on expiration and summon enemies as the "explosion". You might skip turns, and they would spawn, you might baby nuke the city, and they would spawn in the same order and amount.

• Building an hideout in certain countries has effect on how enemy has chances to spot and assault it? Might be better an island ?
no, spread your hideouts to cover land with the radar.