aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 333749 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #855 on: November 21, 2022, 09:34:48 pm »
If i pick the ?reject the power? path i may sell tiny drill and menacing hull safely without consequences?

and how divebombs craft weapons (DV) do work?

Offline FiendishDrWu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 22, 2022, 04:52:01 am »
So, started a new play-through after not touching XPiratez for a while, on John Silver.  Early April of the first year, and the Ninjas drop some massive HQ right next to my base; my airbus can't leave the base without getting swarmed and shot down.  Restored to a previous month and continued from there; the Ninja base still spawns and seems to be in a slightly different place but still close enough so I can't launch aerial interceptions.  I can attack the base with my V8; but in that case it's 5 of my soldiers vs dozens or hundreds of enemies, and I don't have the equipment to even begin to deal with this. 

Is this really the intended behavior? 

I see four ways forward from here: limp along using only the V8 to perform missions while building a base somewhere else that I can use as my intercept base and hope I don't run out of money & score while that happens, call this run a wash and start a new play-through from scratch, edit my save game to move the ninja base somewhere further away, or attack the base and use debug mode to "win" the mission while making exceptionally rude hand gestures. 

Offline FiendishDrWu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 22, 2022, 06:15:36 am »
I've decided to go the first route; 2nd base is coming along.  It turns out I can sneak the airbus out if I'm headed to a mission that's almost directly opposite the direction of the ninja base. 

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 22, 2022, 07:19:33 am »
I think you suffered a bad RNG on Ninja HQ placement.

In my current run, I placed my first base in North America and in the Ninja HQ dropped deep in North Africa.

But IMO, there should be a code that prevents the Ninja HQ from spawning in the theoretical max radar range of the first Hideout just to prevent cases like these.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #859 on: November 22, 2022, 10:51:43 am »
One method to evade ninjas in such an unfortunate accident is to launch a craft and then immediately return before the ninjas shoot it down. Let the ninja patrols fly about for a bit, then they will return to base and will be unable to scramble again for a while. This allows you to fly out safely.

But IMO, there should be a code that prevents the Ninja HQ from spawning in the theoretical max radar range of the first Hideout just to prevent cases like these.

I think it can be done by excluding your home region; honestly I thought it was the case already.
I could be wrong about this being an option, though.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 22, 2022, 04:56:23 pm »
Firearms have two damage types: "piercing" and "stabbing". What is the difference?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 22, 2022, 08:13:28 pm »
What do you mean? There are a lot of other damage types, not only these two.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 22, 2022, 10:46:08 pm »
What do you mean? There are a lot of other damage types, not only these two.
for instance spraygun aqua clips deal damage type "stabbing". And so the ramses gun, introduced in 0.99N2

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 23, 2022, 02:40:03 am »
Just like with any other damage type. Generally firearm projectiles deal "piercing" damage, but that is not a strict rule, chem ammunition will have chem damage type etc. Some armors and units resist piercing damage better, so using ammunition that deals different type might increase damage done, even if raw power is lower, for example.

Offline AnHoff96

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2023, 09:13:46 pm »
Why do I receive such big hits to infamy during may and june?
I can't go past june because my infamy goes to hell and I get to walk the plankey plank...
I do quite well on my pirating and I avoid unnecessary killing of civilians and other noncombatans, I'm baffled, third time it happened to me now
What am I missing?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 05, 2023, 02:51:30 pm »
Why do I receive such big hits to infamy during may and june?
I can't go past june because my infamy goes to hell and I get to walk the plankey plank...
I do quite well on my pirating and I avoid unnecessary killing of civilians and other noncombatans, I'm baffled, third time it happened to me now
What am I missing?
judging by the timing, that's probably the Sky Ninjas setting up their base(s)
deploy the Little Bird to as many missions as possible to farm glamor for more score.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 05, 2023, 10:40:59 pm »
What version of the game you are playing on?

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 19, 2023, 05:38:39 pm »
If you've looked for some hands-on advice, here's an ongoing channel with mission specific guides. N2 version, so very recent.
https://www.youtube.com/@potatogaming7787/videos

These seem to be covered at the moment:
Undersea Passage
UAC Vault
Ninja Outpost
Taberna del Diablo
Mage Tower
Abandoned Spaceship
Organ Grinder
Infamy score / charts

Offline Pallington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 29, 2023, 03:48:43 pm »
wondering if anyone else has gone through and done the research, what's the best way to store large amounts of money (that you can freely buy/sell, talking millions)? my playthrough is getting pretty late game (john silver cuz i'm really bad) and as far as i can see the best is gold bars (pay 11 get 10 on sell, very little space used) but has anyone found better?

also, playing on N1 cuz i play super slow (read, savescum). the ninja hq spawned within overcharged radar range (iirc it was outside of normal radar range tho) too. catgirls are very stronk and i wouldn't be surprised if they got nerfed in the future (8 catgirls + some savescum/careful play can handle ninja base late game, blitz if you're bad like me or grav boots if you've got balls of steel)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 03:54:03 pm by Pallington »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 30, 2023, 12:40:53 pm »
You can beat anything with savescumming.

That said, Cats were netfed already in N3.

No better way to store large amount of money than gold on lower difficulties. (On higher difficulties, you store your money in investment in bases)