aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328675 times)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #690 on: August 29, 2020, 12:41:53 pm »
Oh yeah those suckers hurt, missiles/heavy all the way, although I just leave them up once I get rogue fields. 

But yeah, two scarabs just cannoned a wasp to death with minimal damage using 30mms.  Definitely the way to go for pretty much any flying non-faction ships.  I think green is my favorite codex now :D

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 30, 2020, 11:41:08 am »
Lol, well now we know about spartans.

Almost immediately got a retaliation, shot down two barques, seems to have happened in the same month even.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 30, 2020, 12:04:51 pm »
Missions are rolled at the beginning of the month. So a reaction can only come in the following months AFAIK.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 30, 2020, 12:15:51 pm »
Might've been the previous month then.  Started shooting things down in august, I guess I misremembered when the first one was.  Which would mean the first unsafe thing I shot down triggered a crackdown hah.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 30, 2020, 01:42:57 pm »
I think their most popular Crackdown-capable mission is military supply, so you might have shot down one of those. Still, we have instant research. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 03:31:21 pm by Ashghan »

xcomfan

« Reply #695 on: August 30, 2020, 06:49:07 pm »
Facing the x-prison mission, but i had to reload since i accidentally blow up stairs to escape! What is the besta lpace to set explosives to free the gals, i think below the prison cells, right?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 30, 2020, 07:11:32 pm »
Best place to set explosives to free the gals is nowhere, because you are supposed to do it with that pickaxe found nearby.

xcomfan

« Reply #697 on: August 30, 2020, 08:46:02 pm »
Best place to set explosives to free the gals is nowhere, because you are supposed to do it with that pickaxe found nearby.

I thought these were there for a reason, actually eith it managed to destroy cells'floor, just need to pick a more convenient spot..but can not used also to dig in the underground? AFAIK in thet case have a pretty limited power, maybe need some tweaking in next version, or it may deoend by the map, not sure about that
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:01:51 am by xcomfan »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 31, 2020, 02:13:27 am »
Pickaxe works just fine, never had any trouble busting the gals out with one. Sure, it might not work on the 1st try, but then you just try again.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 31, 2020, 03:27:27 am »
Well, at least I fended off the spartans.  It's pretty funny just wrecking them on the field with heavy suits and then finding they bring plasma guns to the base assault and they just melt the faces off of a dozen rookies.  I can see why melee is so favored, since failing to klll on the first shot usually means a reaction fire of death.  Checked the loot and.. just glad they didn't get a chance to use the blaster launcher I picked up O.O

I think I'm going to leave academy ships alone.  Are they the only ones that Mind control you early on? or are guild/church also just as bad?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 31, 2020, 04:14:38 am »
academy, church, and star gods are the factions with mind powers

xcomfan

« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2020, 01:42:40 pm »
Well, i did built three bases, then dismantled one and sold a kraken early built because missing heavy craft weapons one (!!!) while in the menatime acquired military supplyes and technology to produce laser ammos, researched diplomacy and light craft weapons (to get these i overlookded that is nedded research of light cannon, chem and explosive munitions!), so i might make the heavier ones and then finally start to make a piracy vessel fleet..

This time i researched also stop tracking civilian traffic, gonna see what would be...and in the end grabbed dr x database! And i got as consequence a memorial steele, is that of any usage or i might sell it?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 01:42:34 pm by xcomfan »

xcomfan

« Reply #702 on: September 04, 2020, 01:27:46 pm »
..and in the end by sept 2602 i had a mercenary crackdown in the base, and it's gonna be the end..please connot be  they appear more late in the game? I've even lowered the ddifficulty level from 1 to 0 but still no way..

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 04, 2020, 05:44:45 pm »
Not all games are meant to be won. Just like in real life. Know when to fold 'em.

xcomfan

« Reply #704 on: September 04, 2020, 06:20:55 pm »
Sad but true... goin' forward far as ive seen, spider silk is not recoverable during a "cave hunt" project, or am i wrong? It can be obainded doing besides the "gigant spider hunt" mission also doin' the "infested cellar" one. Right?