Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 334376 times)

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #600 on: May 21, 2020, 05:05:21 pm »
It was neither of those.
I just made a simple mod to replace smoke sprites with transparent sprites.

Ah, that makes sense, I figured you hadn't changed gameplay, just didn't know what of a million methods you'd used to make those effects appear to not be there.

xcomfan

« Reply #601 on: May 22, 2020, 03:45:24 pm »
It was neither of those.
I just made a simple mod to replace smoke sprites with transparent sprites.

Thanks for solving the mistery  :)

I've research the prepper box, but i cannot open it. It's a bug or am i missing something? It seems not..

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 22, 2020, 04:23:41 pm »
It's a manufacturing project...

If you don't see it there check your list of hidden items in manufacturing you could have accidentally hidden it.

xcomfan

« Reply #603 on: May 22, 2020, 04:47:29 pm »
It's a manufacturing project...

If you don't see it there check your list of hidden items in manufacturing you could have accidentally hidden it.

Oh, thznks, and if do, how i do unhide it?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 22, 2020, 04:52:53 pm »
Just right click it once.

xcomfan

« Reply #605 on: May 26, 2020, 06:34:27 pm »
yes, that did the trick ;) in the menatime finally  researched the mad gnome and miklkin out of her all the possible knowlodge, bough a nice turtle and equipped with heavy and laser weapons i looted from humanists instructors and reticulans. Learned how to disassemble laser and gauss weapons, but cannot manufacture neither buy these, but i'm researching the reticulan plasma charger parts. I have unlocked the contact with Death Relams, and the Nord federation, unlocking death relams games weapons and the onsen, plus finally secured also military supplies so i can buy aqua plastics!

Other hideaouts are still specialized in some certain mission, i have established a small manufacture in north america; here im bulding small prisons too, and builded - along  in my main base - large barracks, the seems to be needed.

Edit: any hint on how to get an academy provost; which is needed to unlock plasma weapons and it is crucial to the game?

Edit 2: and the sleek hull cannot be bought?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:20:28 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2020, 12:31:53 pm »
None of the hulls can be bought - it's your codex reward. You only get one, with the type based on the codex colour you chose when you used the tiny drill.

xcomfan

« Reply #607 on: May 27, 2020, 05:00:52 pm »
ko it's an unique thing. I've finally mamaged to build a kraken and unlocked the mutant lasers, building a workshop in my second base so i might make an hunter-killer, im tired of the hawk!  :) Started to build one in Africa, too!

I've built in my main base an onsen, and delepted the "socializing" thing and unlocked the vodoo!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:53:43 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 27, 2020, 11:45:29 pm »
This is faq/guide thread, not your mission report thread.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 28, 2020, 05:33:41 am »
While you may have a point Gremlion, but at this point report stuff has been going into the thread since like page 4 or 5. We are up to 41 pages now.

xcomfan

« Reply #610 on: May 28, 2020, 09:51:59 am »
Ok guys, thought a bit of reporting with .sav attached might be useful for defining and sharing strategies won't abuse of that too much :)

To select and clear all items in inventory we press X but to just select all of these, which key is used? I wanna select all items to perform certain operations, how i do that?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:16 pm »
I believe it's A, and though it's fine that you post your saves here, it would be great if you refrained from posting images other than bug report style screenshots as this thread would literally be half as big without them.

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 28, 2020, 01:54:12 pm »
I've started to tackle the mercenaries as best as I can but I'm having some problems with the tanks. Any suggestions/tips on how to deal with them?

xcomfan

« Reply #613 on: May 28, 2020, 04:53:20 pm »
I believe it's A, and though it's fine that you post your saves here, it would be great if you refrained from posting images other than bug report style screenshots as this thread would literally be half as big without them.

ok will do, update the previous post.  :), this time is an "emergency": i've tryed A but nothing, Z and X work only in craft loadout inventory and fence menu. For isntance, i just wanan select all items in the black market, and then set the amout of the quantitty to but. Same in the manufacture menu, tere is a way?

If not, feature to implement?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:50:06 pm by xcomfan »

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47:29 pm »
Select all is a feature, just checked. Try ctrl-A or shift-A or alt-A one of those i correct.