Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 335897 times)

xcomfan

Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #540 on: May 04, 2020, 09:37:57 pm »
Ok guys thanks, ive sold the airbus and expedition, and bought an airspeeder and a blowfish, luckily i unlocked the spike rockets so i may equip the former, ive also a 25mm cannon but not unlocked its ammo to buy.

Edit: screenshots and save attached :)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:49:48 pm by xcomfan »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 04, 2020, 11:57:14 pm »
The airbus is still useful, though an aircar will work instead, though it holds fewer troops.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 05, 2020, 12:06:01 pm »
You were told to hire brainers multiple times, have 1.5M and and 9 empty labs. You haven't fixed anything.
Use save from this message. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4102.msg126866.html#msg126866

xcomfan

« Reply #543 on: May 05, 2020, 12:46:05 pm »
You were told to hire brainers multiple times, have 1.5M and and 9 empty labs. You haven't fixed anything.
Use save from this message. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4102.msg126866.html#msg126866

ok, i went ahead and stuck with mine, don't wanna spoil the funn, gonna use as backup..thanks!

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 05, 2020, 12:47:27 pm »
ok, i went ahead and stuck with mine, don't wanna spoil the funn, gonna use as backup..thanks!

Have you hired the brainers?

xcomfan

« Reply #545 on: May 05, 2020, 12:55:31 pm »
Have you hired the brainers?

Updated this .sav and have 9 of thems, one have been purhased at the black market, she's on her way to hideout :)

Also i'm gonna extarct and sell the food the local paesant gave me as tribute, it is supposed to be done that way?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 05, 2020, 03:12:19 pm »
About the food, that's what you do until you research certain food topics which sell for much more and require some of those items.

xcomfan

« Reply #547 on: May 05, 2020, 07:19:10 pm »
OK, in the meantime finally interrogated an highwayman and manufactured a carronade, which sadly cannot be mouted on airspeeder but got the spike rockets so who cares? Built also some nice air muskets but still searching for a standard weapon (auto rifle, assault rifle and battle would be fine though i researched these but cannot buy still) but an enemy hideaout has appearde, im tempted to assault it, don't know. And by the way still not encountered spartans and raiders, the latters being more common i guess?

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 05, 2020, 08:56:31 pm »
^^
hey, Master Plasma Pistol, and Impaler would be fine,
not just such musketes!  :P  8)

:D  try this,
and now look at my save game:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:53:54 am by RolandVasko »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 06, 2020, 02:37:03 am »
Also i'm gonna extarct and sell the food the local paesant gave me as tribute, it is supposed to be done that way?
Food currently is unfinished feature, more or less. Most of it doesn't even have a bootypedia page. Farm talks about uber wheat being an explosive, for example. Personally, I just sell all food items when I get too many items in the storage, changing runt jobs back and forth not worth my time, game gives enough money to not minmax SO much.
OK, in the meantime finally interrogated an highwayman
so, half of a february is down the drain, lab and workshop is still understaffed, nothing being built on the base, and you lost 6 gals. I'd say missing highwayman is the smallest problem there.
and manufactured a carronade, which sadly cannot be mouted on airspeeder but got the spike rockets so who cares?
Expensive things which can overkill civilian ships into not leaving a wreck to raid? Nobody, really.
Built also some nice air muskets but still searching for a standard weapon (auto rifle, assault rifle and battle would be fine though i researched these but cannot buy still)
All of those weapon can barely scratch 30 armor guys, as a rule of thumb such enemies usually have weapons which can barely scratch your 30 armor gals, so it's better to not even bother and stun them for cash reward. And enemies which will die from 30 damage guns you better take alive anyway. You can use domestic/police shotgun with rubber slugs for 20 daze damage.
but an enemy hideaout has appearde, im tempted to assault it, don't know.

1. Your ships suck. Enemy bases have radar circle, when you cross it - enemies intercept you. Your ships aren't able to even reach it without being intercepted.
2. with what army?
3. You have 2 bases, actually.

And by the way still not encountered spartans and raiders, the latters being more common i guess?
Oh, you had raiders. They killed your gals in missions landing-10 and landing-13.
Spartans... I had a game where I haven't seen them until well into year 2, though it was in the version without Prepper camp mission (it's either ruffians or spartans by my experience).

xcomfan

« Reply #550 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:50 am »
ok finally managed to unlock the shadowtech and the VIP and buyed a nice shadowbat! also unlocked !bandit business! missions and worrking on the !neophyte bootcamp! but still struggling with auto rifle and assault rifle, very nice weapons. Built another barracks block, along with burrow, i fear to go bankrupt so gonna ave at leas some more runts in the sweatshop works :)

Also manufactured an handful of piratey weaoons, handcannon and boardin guns. Now i'd like to build a secon base, but think i gonna need at least 2 bilions, right?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:45:34 pm by xcomfan »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 07, 2020, 11:14:05 am »
how many scientis (brainers, smart gals) do yu have now?

pretty good!  :o    ;: )
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:16:20 am by RolandVasko »

Offline themeless

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 07, 2020, 04:05:53 pm »
I haven't played the original much so don't have baseline to compare. Could you tell me if attached save has some glaring flaws?

notably:
I spent a few months with low score cos everyone was wounded.
I'd like to mass produce platemail but couldnt even find it under research.
I know i need to invest in a craft with weapons but no idea what to buy since whenever i tried it craft just died horribly.

+
which armor to wear against forces of evil? I can kill em just fine but fireball spam kills troop morale.
I dont get some of the weapons. I spent so much effort on clockwork gun and its nowhere near spikey smg. Some seems to be clearly superior, which ones to go for?
like stun baton/handle/ball bat, which one works best?
How exactly bonus xp from gym/sailor suit work?
Where can i get some hats?

any help is appreciated.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 07, 2020, 05:27:20 pm »
You can't go bankrupt if you invest.
Runts literally print money.
My save at the start of feb 2602, month behind you:

800 runts making simple grog do 12.8M per month, my maintenance of all bases combined is 8M.
every base has 3 extractors + workshop + still + some hangars

Brainers are crucial:

"research score" is taken from the save game, it's what brainers generate when they complete research.
Couple point:
1. You can see on the graph exact moment where I got interceptors, my score went by +5k.
I had full lab in the second month, it took me 8 months to get there.
You have half the lab, it would take you 16 months. Simple math.
2. Fully staffed lab generates more score than a bunch of hands doing every mission. Like, my Jan score - 12k from brainers, 4k from hands. and 12k score from brainers = 4 millions of infamy money.

Where you can improve tactically:

STOP KILLING CIVILIANS.

It's comparison between how you play and what I did with your savegame.
Drifter stunned with a shotgun didn't die because I use rubber bullets.

1 point of infamy gives $333 at the end of the month.
In the trade guild warehouse you didn't get 100 points from captures = you will not get 33k bonus at the end of the month
Temple of Sirius briefing literally says that you get a penalty for killing civvies. And you go and kill them. -40 points. You lose the game when you get negative points. You could get 200+ infamy there, you lost 40. 280 difference*333= 90k loss. Priest you killed worth 60k alive and 2k dead.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:32:00 pm by Gremlion »

xcomfan

« Reply #554 on: May 07, 2020, 07:22:55 pm »
wow thanks gremlion, that a very scirntific work form yours!! In the meantime, maded it at the end of may 2602, i unlocked c brass bounty missions, built a second base in  the confederation and replaced the aircar with the hawk..and now there are three enemy bases around the world!!! Unloked also test flight 8)

On the other hand unlocked lock'naar recruitment and the chainmail and got a couples of these, along with the confederate eagle, may be a nice coupling :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 05:39:13 pm by xcomfan »