Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328934 times)

Offline Geesuv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #495 on: March 07, 2020, 08:34:16 pm »
What exactly are the requirements/disqualifications for the Weirdgal transformation?

I recently built my first two Voodoo schools and I sent 16 of my highest Voodoo Power Gals to be trained up in wizardry. But only about half of them are eligible for the transformation and I can't figure out why. The Gals were a mix of veterans, defence gals and gals who have gone through shakedown and gladiatorial training at my training base.

Edit: I'm on version J17 if that's relevant.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:10:35 pm by Geesuv »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2020, 09:57:11 pm »
You need 50 bravery and Voodoo power, also library services in the base.

Offline Geesuv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2020, 10:19:04 pm »
Ah! They lacked Bravery! Thanks a lot!

xcomfan

« Reply #498 on: April 03, 2020, 01:05:11 pm »
Hey guys need some advice: i'm on L1 version, building a workshop on sept 2601, any hints on the research? Attached here is a save :)

Edit: oh, and in the research topics usin the tech tree viewer in the top left of the screen there are symbols: # = . and - what do these mean?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:46:07 pm by xcomfan »

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 03, 2020, 03:05:51 pm »
To your symbols, question-they represent the average research time(the real-time is 50-150% of that), #100, =20, -5, .1.

xcomfan

« Reply #500 on: April 11, 2020, 06:47:38 pm »
Thanks, hey i picked up the green codex, but i will lose the next upcining month, please do you want to check my save and share sine gameplay hints?

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2020, 11:41:34 am »
You lose your game because you got negative score 2 months in a row.
You got so huge negative score because you didn't down many UFOs which visit you.
This stems from:
a) You didn't down those  UFOs because you don't have any radar coverage over the planet in the second year. You can buy a base every month after second month, more or less.
b) You couldn't possibly down those UFOs because by the second year you don't have neither interceptors researched nor manpower to assemble one. You have 11 unused laboratories! 70 Runts!
This is your biggest error - you don't invest into supports. Both of them generate money.
Researches provide infamy, infamy gives money at the end of the month.
Runts make goods for sale. You had 17 runts at Chateau doing 700k/month. You could quintuple it(+70 runts) to 3.5M per month, it's free base right there you were missing.

xcomfan

« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2020, 03:03:05 pm »
a) You didn't down those  UFOs because you don't have any radar coverage over the planet in the second year. You can buy a base every month after second month, more or less.
Shooting snd possibly assaultin civilian ships may help?

b) You couldn't possibly down those UFOs because by the second year you don't have neither interceptors researched nor manpower to assemble one. You have 11 unused laboratories! 70 Runts!

In that game actually I had only 20; i should've invest more in them. I manufactured only chateau de la mort, shuld also diversify the production i see :'(

[
Researches provide infamy, infamy gives money at the end of the month.

i am aware of that, pheraphs 6 brainers were just not enough?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2020, 03:04:35 pm »

Errr...

I have at least 10 brainers by mid year 1 and still feel behind on research.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2020, 05:16:19 pm »
Shooting snd possibly assaultin civilian ships may help?
Enemy ships in the air generate negative score. In your last month it was -1200.
In that game actually I had only 20; i should've invest more in them. I manufactured only chateau de la mort, shuld also diversify the production i see :'(
I mean you had 70 unused workspace.
[
My first priority is to stuff the home base with all possible brainers, then purchasing new bases, practically each base goes Extractors ->hire runts, distill hellerium ->still, switch to grog-> mess hall -> hire a brainer. I end up with 20-25 brainers before the end of the first year (depends on my luck with medical supplies for surgical room).

xcomfan

« Reply #505 on: April 13, 2020, 02:54:27 pm »
Codexes are meant to resestched once or will delept after researcing these repetedly will give every content held by these?

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 13, 2020, 02:58:56 pm »
No, in fact re-researching the codex is a must to get access to the voodoo tech branch.

Most research on an item destroys it, but some doesn't. You can see whether the item is preserved or not by middle clicking the research topic. If it says "item destroyed", you lose the item you research, if it says "item required", you don't.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 15, 2020, 02:37:48 pm »
So, new version warranted new restart, small recap of starting the game on the second difficulty with saves attached:
January - focus was missions + hiring brainers. grog researched, living space is filled with runts. (feb save)
February - Spamming burrows to increase living space, plus you can build on top of it, deducting cost and construction time. So, a barrack on top of a burrow would be finished in 2 days. (march save)
March - outfitted gals into scale armors (animal skinning ->cave hunt gives chitin plates), built a base, unlocked codex, so only Shadowmasters tech is blocking me from better ships. (april save)

Spoiler alert - I got shadowmasters in August after exhausting traitor smoothie. I'd recommend to prioritize second prison asap to save captives with shadowmasters unlock. Codex crafts are amazing.

xcomfan

« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2020, 01:05:21 pm »
So, new version warranted new restart, small recap of starting the game on the second difficulty with saves attached:
January - focus was missions + hiring brainers. grog researched, living space is filled with runts. (feb save)
February - Spamming burrows to increase living space, plus you can build on top of it, deducting cost and construction time. So, a barrack on top of a burrow would be finished in 2 days. (march save)
March - outfitted gals into scale armors (animal skinning ->cave hunt gives chitin plates), built a base, unlocked codex, so only Shadowmasters tech is blocking me from better ships. (april save)

Spoiler alert - I got shadowmasters in August after exhausting traitor smoothie. I'd recommend to prioritize second prison asap to save captives with shadowmasters unlock. Codex crafts are amazing.

Thanks for the tips, hey here's my custom base, i think it's prettydefendable, here it is :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #509 on: April 16, 2020, 01:54:36 pm »
Thanks for the tips, hey here's my custom base, i think it's prettydefendable, here it is :)

Oh man... One missile attack and most of it will probably disintegrate.