Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328786 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2019, 01:06:14 am »
There's also the fact that some missions restrict the type of soldier that could be deployed in them.  City missions are a no-gal zone, most caves will only accept midgets like lokk'naars, and the sectoid vats can only be done by peasants (and also gnomes, not sure if that's intentional or an oversight).  Like weapons, diversifying your roster is a good idea this time around.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2019, 06:32:37 am »
That said the special troop missions are pretty infrequent, maybe 3 or 4 in total in any given month. And mostly of different types. 1 set of each special forces usually does the trick.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 10, 2019, 01:16:38 am »
Just remember that many types of grog now give a freshness hit as well. You really want to prioritize medikit/bandage healing over taking swigs of rum when you can. -2 freshness per use can add up a bit if your gal gets quite a few wounds. It's still better than being seriously injured at the end of the battle (which gives no freshness recovery until you're healed), but grog healing should only be used in emergencies.

X-grog's +25energy/-12 stun can still be useful for finishing off missions a bit quicker though.

I'm fine with the changes. Now healing items have certain advantages over booze, even if they're harder to use (no self-healing with them, but no extra freshness loss either), which they really didn't before.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 10, 2019, 06:01:02 am »
Medkits have been getting better.  It used to be that advanced and space medkits vanished after use, but that's no longer the case.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #454 on: November 13, 2019, 10:27:33 pm »
Really? Payer can always rotate the crew after long difficult mission such as space freighter assault.

No, not space freighters. The laments were about no longer being able to take 50 turns to finish common missions like Temple Raid or Save Sister.

Now if you wish to maintain normal performance you need 2 or 3 times more soldiers depending on the stage of the game.

Imprecise. At high Freshness, you will have definitely better performance than you used to have before Freshness system.
Also note that the Condemnations bonuses have been added at the same time, so your soldiers are even better than before.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:30:08 pm by Dioxine »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 14, 2019, 07:10:27 am »
Relative statement Dio. Everything is dependent on volume of missions and how well/fast you do them. 2 to 3 is a good general ballpark, considering there are frequent days with 5+ contacts/missions at a time, before you could just do back to back runs in a day with the same crew and not suffer.

Now those same 5 instances need some b teams to distribute the load. Particularly when lack of tech means you need to play slower to avoid losses. 

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 16, 2019, 05:28:51 pm »
No longer allowed to slog through 5+ missions with the same crew.
Time to bring MORE people into your main assault-base to keep up the freshness.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2019, 09:12:31 pm »
My only complaint with the new systems is that salaries are just too high now. Particularly playing with male touch, and needing a bigger roast, salaries are just prohibitive now. I'm not against having ranks and higher salaries for all the soldiers, but at least for lokk, peasants and ss is just too much to have the same increase as gals.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 18, 2019, 09:58:39 pm »
Plays against "Human wave" tactics. Without a proper economy you'll simply fail to pay your pawns.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 23, 2019, 07:04:17 pm »
i'm playing a new campaign since yesterday and the changes since 2018 (i guess that's the last time i started piratez) are quite significant. A good game got even better!
now i'm rushing to every red-lantern-rescue-mission to quickly get "fresh" blood :)
btw: my gals started to suicide themselves with pre-primed HE-grenades (not researched yet, i just happened to have found a few). Has something changed?

btw2: congrats @Dioxine and @Solarius for their respective 1.0 versions! (better late than never)

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 23, 2019, 09:25:16 pm »
Yes, preprimed grenades now tick down even in your pocket.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #461 on: November 25, 2019, 03:29:49 pm »
Piratez is nowhere near 1.0, tho :)

misterx

« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2019, 01:32:16 pm »
Piratez is nowhere near 1.0, tho :)

Thats a great goal  :D it means the development will end and the mod completed?

I noticed that in the game the airbus is pretty useless, only good for chasing and ground assaulting medium and large civilian ships hoping to get a wrench or a stapler. The other way around is to go un a warehaouse assault misison which guarantees usually one of the aforementioned tools. Some questions about are:

1) In such missions is possible to get both?

2) aside from taht missionor assaulting such vessels, there is any other way to get these tools?

Moreover I'm thniking to sell the airbus and get an airspeeder or an aircar, along with an expedition. Is that advisable?

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2019, 02:57:33 pm »
1) Yes, though it's pretty rare.
2) You can get information about them by interrogating prisoners. Stapler, realistically, only from Guild Team leader (other enemies are much rarer), Wrench is a dirt common unlock from labourers, tough civilians and highwaymen.
3) Aw man, it was your saviour, treasure it, build a hideout for it, with angar in the middle and sacrifice slaves for the glory of the Airbus.
Jokes aside, airspeeder and aircar have less hands on deck (3 and 4 vs 6), so it would be harder to do missions. There would be a story mission in midgame where airbus is the strongest option, so you definitely don't want to sell it. Good upgrade over airbus would be shadowtech ships you get after unlocking your codex. Expedition is a horrible substitute.

Offline amjh

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2019, 05:52:35 pm »
You can buy a wrench to research after researching "Tools & blades".