Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328667 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2019, 10:17:46 pm »
*picks literally the hardest difficulty*
*complains that it's unbalanced*

Sometimes I don't understand humans.

Just pick easier difficulty.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 30, 2019, 04:10:17 pm »
Jack sparrow is for people who can play all the other difficulties with their eyes closed,its there for a specific purpose.

misterx

« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2019, 01:22:20 pm »
Just researched the four pillars of piratez culture, and I don't know how i managed but i captured a strix zombie, in a shipwreck mission! I was even charged by a baller squad, and they even surrounded me, though i killed almost of them all, but soon i had a base crackdown by academy after i had most of my gals injuried , but usin' the option "wounded fights if above xx" (i sat at 70) managed to fight back.

Edit: by the end of may 2601 managed to capture and research wrench and superconductive wire. Got also bounty isison, but the warehouse ones and chitin plates are missn, still did not have time to research !Monster Hunt! missions. moreover, i am not able to research "strix zombie". What do i need for it?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm by misterx »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2019, 05:29:42 pm »
You need Medical facility. Earliest is Sickbay, though there is no immediate upgrade that is provided by zombees.

misterx

« Reply #424 on: September 03, 2019, 02:46:30 pm »
Thanks. I managed to capture a megapo patrol car, in 099.j17 they are armed with low-tech weapons (rusty niner, police revolver) in previous versions the had plasma and lasers. Just researched the workshop, i have almost bulit it. As for the difficulty, the number and health of enemies in jack sparrow is no doubt increased, but the weapon progression is more balanced, so it seems playable/possible to beat. Encountered and ground assaulted only once a mercenary ship, needless to say i flee at once as soon i saw them..

Edit: by the end of next month had biult the workshop and some piratey weapons, a bording gun and an handful of handcanons, both with sme ammo. Have also a couple of duratherhead armors and circa 10 warriors ones, replaced muskets and flintlock with tommies and big ben SMGs, as for vehicles still stuck with airbus and standard civilian cars.

Edit 2: and in november, as usual, base was ataccked by dark ones, never had an assault fomr mercenaries and star gods, anyways..

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:16:19 pm by misterx »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 03, 2019, 04:16:50 pm »
they are armed with low-tech weapons (rusty niner, police revolver) in previous versions the had plasma and lasers. Just researched the workshop, i have almost bulit it. As for the difficulty, the number and health of enemies in jack sparrow is no doubt increased, but the weapon progression is more balanced, so it seems playable/possible to beat.

Weapon progression is not changed. Megapol always has low-tech weapons in the first year and starts packing plasma in the second. Regardless of difficulty.

Also, judging by your game progress you are in for a butt kicking on jack sparrow. Still on one base in september is way behind. Remember, mercs will visit your base in the second year.

My advice: play on a lower difficulty until you manage to get three bases running. And then survive the second year.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 03, 2019, 04:36:47 pm »
Not necessarily mercs, can be any faction.

Also not necessarily easy...but there you go.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 04, 2019, 02:53:01 pm »
Even doom troops come with plasma weaponry by the second year in jack sparrow, expect base raids with barons if that happens, even the academy gets scarier at that point.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 11, 2019, 03:23:44 am »
Interesting observation:
When wearing the Admiral de Corazon, you can beat mercs unconcious with a fish. On Jack Sparrow.

misterx

« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2019, 03:28:09 pm »
So, the 0.99K1 has a really nice feature: random events! Very funny, add even more niceness to the game! Actually, i've also seen that vegetable/food extraction are being implemented, someone may explain waht wouyld/should be ther working?

I picked up an old savegamed, with a base located in death realms but it seems to be verypenalizing because most mission spawn too far to be reached with the airbus, relying on expeditions. hope in the next version this "discrimination" may be terminated. In the meand time i started over a brend new game -pickin up the gals path - locating home in eurasia, seems to be more fair. Really nice also these week days names. Noticed aldso that wrench and/or other tools are no longer needed to achieve "tools and blades" it finally made the game more balanced and less aleatory.

Edit: please note that i was able to research "ools and blades" without researching wrench first, even of you recover it need some prior research topics accomplished to research that tool!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 12:50:49 pm by misterx »

Offline seaurchinhead

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2019, 03:49:30 pm »
Have anyone tried only sticking to one 'concept' for the girls?

For example, I tried only using pirate related clothes and weapons, which worked surprisingly well thanks to the high base damage of flintlock pistols/muskets. It doesn't get worse as the game progresses since you can make ballistas and cannons yourself, which is also very great for strong gals to use.

I'm now thinking about trying 'barbarian-warrior' play, mostly using bows, javelins and HEAVY focus on melee weapons; but unfortunately I'm not even that good at vanilla X-COM games and I can't play higher difficulty like the rest of people in this forum :(

I was wondering if anyone else had a successful play like this?

misterx

« Reply #431 on: October 21, 2019, 03:55:28 pm »
Have anyone tried only sticking to one 'concept' for the girls?

For example, I tried only using pirate related clothes and weapons, which worked surprisingly well thanks to the high base damage of flintlock pistols/muskets. It doesn't get worse as the game progresses since you can make ballistas and cannons yourself, which is also very great for strong gals to use.

I'm now thinking about trying 'barbarian-warrior' play, mostly using bows, javelins and HEAVY focus on melee weapons; but unfortunately I'm not even that good at vanilla X-COM games and I can't play higher difficulty like the rest of people in this forum :(

I was wondering if anyone else had a successful play like this?

For such playstyle, it is mandatory do not use it at "jack sparrow" level because - according to my experience - the game is virtulally impossible to play

misterx

« Reply #432 on: October 22, 2019, 09:58:11 am »
Hey, i intercepted a battlecruiser ship (it think it is) but cannot follow neother escape that ship? Does it have a tractor beam or what?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #433 on: October 22, 2019, 10:21:05 am »
It's chasing you, doh.

misterx

« Reply #434 on: October 22, 2019, 03:53:15 pm »
Canont escape it, only way is rageload :) in the meantime on a brand new gamo on 0.99K1 at the third difficulty level by the enf of Oct 2601 never had a single base crackdown, no attempts ever, but a fungus outbrak was rather painful. I've aslobuilt a secn base in Australia Indonesia, hopefully won't be attacked, let's cross fingers! I still am not able to build a workshop, also a couple of friends showed up...

edit: sotrry it's Indonesia

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 04:05:46 pm by misterx »