Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 116943 times)

KZad Bhat

  • Guest
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2018, 10:45:34 am »
If you use this tactic best idea is keep your gals in pairs, with the pairs at least a block away from each other, and keep even each gal in a pair 3 or 4 spaces apart. That at least cuts down on chain KOs. I do commonly do this with stun grenades, because then I can throw two in a turn instead of just one. Though with overstun from the stasis grenades a concern you probably don't want to do that.

Offline boss300

  • Squaddie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2018, 09:19:50 pm »
I'm getting a lot of retaliations featuring the Doom cast in my 1st expansion

question mark

Offline legionof1

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 1571
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2018, 09:45:02 pm »
Not uncommon to get multiple retaliations in the same region. All from the same faction is less likely but still possible, particularity if your shooting down alot of the factions ships. All dark ones is a little suspect, since they dont have ships aside from the boogymen patrols which usually dont turn up in the number to generate retaliations.

Do you have aggressive retaliations option enabled? 

Offline boss300

  • Squaddie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2018, 11:32:22 pm »
Not shooting down any ships right now, especially not dark ones.  Aggressive retaliation is off, I've only gotten 2 so far but they've been in consecutive months and I haven't been running any missions from that base yet, just building it out.

Despite the enemies not being terribly hard it still seems like a lot of retaliations for a base I've just barely finished building a 1st barracks for

the base is in the middle of north america

Offline legionof1

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 1571
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2018, 12:28:46 am »
Yeah 2 back to back is rare but not particularity exceptional yet. The randomized retaliations are region X faction Y. So your result is X times Y times 2. Which while high is not a statistically improbable result. If it keeps going beyond say 3 months something might be fishy.

KZad Bhat

  • Guest
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2018, 01:52:29 pm »
I've been noticing in my last few attempts that my first base is never getting attacked. Open up a new one, and before it can even be ready to start missions it gets attacked. This time around when I start my first new base it's getting defensive buildings to start.

Offline cc

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 244
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2018, 09:10:58 pm »
I'm getting a lot of retaliations featuring the Doom cast in my 1st expansion
These are new:

Code: [Select]
  - type: HarassmentDemons
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_MISSION_HARASSMENT_DEMONS: 100
    startDelay: 1000
    randomDelay: 20000
    firstMonth: 8
    targetBaseOdds: 100
    executionOdds: 25
    useTable: false

  - type: HarassmentNinjas
    minDifficulty: 4
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_MISSION_HARASSMENT_NINJAS: 100
    startDelay: 1000
    randomDelay: 20000
    firstMonth: 12
    lastMonth: 36
    targetBaseOdds: 75
    executionOdds: 25
    useTable: false

  - type: HarassmentNinjasLate
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_MISSION_HARASSMENT_NINJAS: 100
    startDelay: 1000
    randomDelay: 20000
    firstMonth: 24
    targetBaseOdds: 75
    executionOdds: 20
    useTable: false

That means there's a 25% chance of a base being attacked by Dark Ones every month. This is in addition to normal retaliations which never feature Dark Ones.

Offline Rince Wind

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 561
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2018, 09:55:10 pm »
So the harassment ninjas are only on Jack Sparrow?

Offline ajnunezr

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 297
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2018, 10:50:35 pm »
Only the early variant.

Offline Rince Wind

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 561
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2018, 11:22:05 pm »
Are they that bad/annoying?

Offline legionof1

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 1571
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2018, 02:17:15 am »
so if i understand that code snippet correctly, dark ones start in month 8 with 100% chance to find a base and 25% to actually strike it. Then on diff 4+ ninjas from month 12 to 36 with 75% chance to find and 25% chance to strike. Ninjas also on 24 months till game end with the same chances.

So on diff 4 or higher between 12 and 36 month mark you have 4 separate scripted retaliations per month,that i know of, in addition to any from shipping. Sheez im gona be busy with base defense. Not sure when/if rats and the ambulance stop so it may be as many as 6. 

This also means you need to be secure against base attacks from basically the instant you expand, and there is no point in hiding base with shrouds either. Statistically with that much potential in the air you will be found regardless of precautions.

Offline ajnunezr

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 297
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2018, 07:00:31 am »
But air defense can help.

Offline legionof1

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 1571
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2018, 07:41:04 am »
Maybe, assuming the new raids are in super low hp craft, it takes quite awhile to tech up to competent AA defenses. The first few defenses you need multiple tiles worth to stop even boarding torpedoes from the faction raids.

Offline boss300

  • Squaddie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2018, 08:15:17 am »
someone help, I've tanked to negative 2000 points without missing any missions or getting a notification for a Rival base

Do I have to scout enemy bases after the first one?

Offline cc

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 244
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2018, 09:33:27 am »
so if i understand that code snippet correctly, dark ones start in month 8 with 100% chance to find a base and 25% to actually strike it. Then on diff 4+ ninjas from month 12 to 36 with 75% chance to find and 25% chance to strike. Ninjas also on 24 months till game end with the same chances.
There's a 25% chance the mission will be triggered. If it is, it will always target a base.

So on diff 4 or higher
Difficulty starts at 0, so 4 = Jack Sparrow.

between 12 and 36 month mark you have 4 separate scripted retaliations per month,that i know of, in addition to any from shipping. Sheez im gona be busy with base defense. Not sure when/if rats and the ambulance stop so it may be as many as 6.
Actually, you have 1 Dark One, 2 Ninja, 1 Ratmen (change to trigger drops significantly after 23 months), 1 + difficulty level (start at 30, 24, 24, 20, 16 months respectively) regular faction ones. Unless I missed something. ;)

The irregulars spawn an ufo with 300 HP, so even 2 Luxury Barracks are enough to shoot them down.



someone help, I've tanked to negative 2000 points without missing any missions or getting a notification for a Rival base

Do I have to scout enemy bases after the first one?
Whether or not an enemy base will be revealed is random with a chance for it every month. There are also multiple missions that cause negative score (Conversion, Peacekeeping, Mutant Progrom with contacted Mutant Alliance come to mind), so you might've just gotten an unlucky RNG result.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:36:57 am by cc »