aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328740 times)

niculinux

Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »
Thanks, i always read in xpiratez forum of a "RNG" word, what does is stands for?  :o

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2018, 06:42:06 pm »
R andom N umber G enerator.
Also known as luck.

niculinux

« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2018, 10:11:52 pm »
In 0.99J4 were introduced startin' uber gals called "spectre" which are ghosts, there is a way to transform them in living ones, without cheating? A particular tech/research is needed?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2018, 10:38:46 pm »
No.

Offline boss300

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2018, 12:01:30 am »
Finally making it more than a year without any major catastrophes, have a few questions about the play style I've adapted into

1)  Are there any early to mid game lethal melee weapons with better returns than a Spear for no armor to medium armored enemies?  At 16 turn units, with armor penetration and high enough Acc that even my least trained melee gals never miss, I'm really having trouble seeing why I should pick up any of the heavier, deadlier weapons due to their energy cost and the fact that the spear has yet to fail me.  What kind of weapons should I be looking to upgrade to, and what enemies would even make me want to?

2)  What kind of weapons have ammo available in the black market, and are there other ways of unlocking ammo for purchase other than researching the weapons?  For example, I got a sniper rifle early, have researched it, and did not unlock the ability to purchase it like you do with some other guns (IE UAC carbine).   What techs do I need to look out for in order to unlock this type of ammo for purchase, or is it craftable only/loot only?

3)  I figure that I should wait until I can actually field real interceptors/spy zeppelins before I start expanding, am I right here?  I have overcharged radars, a cool 10 mil lying around, but don't want to tank my economy expanding too early.  Additionally, once I start fielding interceptors from other bases, will it make sense to station my gals there for protection from retaliation?  Base defense seems like it will be a huge blindspot if I start setting up unmanned outposts or interceptor stations without a reasonable force for base defense, am I worrying over nothing or is there any significant threat to bases without tons of gals and attack dogs?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2018, 12:08:59 am »
B: look for the contact: XXX techs.

niculinux

« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2018, 12:29:39 am »
Finally making it more than a year without any major catastrophes, have a few questions about the play style I've adapted into

1)  Are there any early to mid game lethal melee weapons with better returns than a Spear for no armor to medium armored enemies?  At 16 turn units, with armor penetration and high enough Acc that even my least trained melee gals never miss, I'm really having trouble seeing why I should pick up any of the heavier, deadlier weapons due to their energy cost and the fact that the spear has yet to fail me.  What kind of weapons should I be looking to upgrade to, and what enemies would even make me want to?

2)  What kind of weapons have ammo available in the black market, and are there other ways of unlocking ammo for purchase other than researching the weapons?  For example, I got a sniper rifle early, have researched it, and did not unlock the ability to purchase it like you do with some other guns (IE UAC carbine).   What techs do I need to look out for in order to unlock this type of ammo for purchase, or is it craftable only/loot only?

3)  I figure that I should wait until I can actually field real interceptors/spy zeppelins before I start expanding, am I right here?  I have overcharged radars, a cool 10 mil lying around, but don't want to tank my economy expanding too early.  Additionally, once I start fielding interceptors from other bases, will it make sense to station my gals there for protection from retaliation?  Base defense seems like it will be a huge blindspot if I start setting up unmanned outposts or interceptor stations without a reasonable force for base defense, am I worrying over nothing or is there any significant threat to bases without tons of gals and attack dogs?

1) I never widely used spears, throwing axes or bows, i end up using flintlock all the time, are excellent early game weapons, along with shotguns; never have been able to unlock serious laser/plasma weapons in sept 2602, but that deoends from the loot you get;

2) buyable weapons are unlocked researching "contact: xxx" topics, so far 8ve unlocked gun emporium and krazy anna's ones.

3) always leave a dispatch of uber in any base, ibsuppose it might depend on difficulty level, i play always on "jack sparrow" mode and at least 8/10 gals are mandatory to defend any base

Now some from me: about manacles and ropes. The former aee supposed to be used only on unconscious enemies and the latter act like a melee weapon instead, right? I've seen both require two hands free.

About "wrestling" and "martial arts", i got the first by reseaechin "melee summary" and the second as a prize from mutant alliance bounty missions: but how player is supposed to use these?

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2018, 12:43:23 am »
1. If you want a lethal weapon - probably not, until you meet guys in power armor. Although you should aim at capturing most opponents, when it is safe to do so. Also on non-melee gals you probably want a 1x2 weapon for a QD or belt slot, not a backpack. You should try to capture alive spiders at animal hunts and then butcher them for animal poison. Poisoned dagger is one of the best small weapons you could get. But it doesn't work against some enemies, so beware.

2. Middle mouse button the research or look it up in a tech viewer if you already got it. If there's a buyable version it shows the tech you need. Military supplies, in case of a sniper rifle.

3. No, you should try to expand earlier. The first two years are usually safe, the scripted crackdowns you get are ratmen or academy ambulance, you can beat them with rookies or even peasants\slaves. Then you get the real crackdowns. Also depends on a difficulty, harder = earlier. Also they have a pretty huge range of difficulty. Doom demons? Well if you camp around the corner with heavy shotguns you can reaction fire or peek-n-shoot 80% of enemies, then you clean the hangar. Raiders are a bit harder, and you need a can opener for a firebat. Anything else and you're fucked, unless you invest resources and people into reinforcing the base. You can always keep a free hangar and send your A team once you see crackdown ufos flying, but then you need to invest in a hyperwave decoder(but you eventually want to do so anyways)

About "wrestling" and "martial arts", i got the first by reseaechin "melee summary" and the second as a prize from mutant alliance bounty missions: but how player is supposed to use these?
If you wear some skimpy armors like swimsuit and bikini if you use an empty hand you get a roundhouse kick and triple blow in addition to punch. I'd like to know how to use wrestling aswell.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2018, 12:53:51 am »
Wrestling at present is only for peasants in certain outfits, least that the only outfits i can find it on.

My 2 dollaros on base defense, garrisons are a must, but you only need a few gals/slaves to handle the heavy weapons needed for opposing terror units. Most of the work can be done with auxiliary units like dogs/hellhounds/weres/reapers. Use the animals to mob the exit of your chokepoint and soak up reactions and kill off what they can. Soldiers clean up whats left or too armored for the critters to handle.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2018, 01:21:46 am »
And very few things are too armored for werewolfes. Those things can take down mercs. They die quickly to mercs as well though.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2018, 01:23:57 am »
Wrestling at present is only for peasants in certain outfits, least that the only outfits i can find it on.

My 2 dollaros on base defense, garrisons are a must, but you only need a few gals/slaves to handle the heavy weapons needed for opposing terror units. Most of the work can be done with auxiliary units like dogs/hellhounds/weres/reapers. Use the animals to mob the exit of your chokepoint and soak up reactions and kill off what they can. Soldiers clean up whats left or too armored for the critters to handle.

Auxiliars are a must, but in the end, it depends of the crackdown.  Mercenary and/or star gods, without at least panzer/recoiless/big explosives, and you are basically scrub. Even in that level, it gets really hard if you don´t have at least good layout / big garrisons / choking strategies. Crackdown could be very hard to survive even in ideals situations.... but maybe i´m crying a lot and does not have to be playing in jack sparrows  ;D ;D

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2018, 09:35:29 am »
My 2 cents for base defence:
Every gamers 'favoured' part of a game are sewer levels /j /s
Airvents as secondary counter-attack route should be enough. Camping 3 levels of tight corridors binds alot of troops.

It's also not really fruitfull to argue or complain about hideout defences. Veteran-players just 'deal with it' and take the leader/VIPs 99,9% of the time as captives with no/minimal losses.
Beginners/casual derps just crumble underneath the massive tech-disadvantage and voodoo-rape (church/star gods). Crackdowns are just too minor of a feature to bother changing atm.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2018, 10:48:24 am »
Crackdowns are less about you defending your base form them and more about you taking over hangars where they camp which can be done with a single conviniently placed satchel charge or in some cases a gas bomb.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2018, 12:02:08 pm »
Blowing up the opposition IF you have the right tool & RNG puts the bombers into the adjusted room to the hangars/access lift.
Simply put: That's it and that's the best you can do to not deal with the mission for too long. If they start to scatter, you're boned.
I hate those sewers I can't deny the existence of them makes my blood boil.

niculinux

« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2018, 03:10:26 pm »
What are the purpose and usage of "shakeup cerimony" once that topic is researched?

Once i research i may transform a spectre in 0.99J4 in a living gal?