aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328756 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2018, 11:47:56 am »
LACC has become very powerfull now that it can fire white phosphorus rounds. Two hits form the thing ensure kill on cyberdisc.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2018, 12:20:54 pm »
LACC has become very powerfull now that it can fire white phosphorus rounds. Two hits form the thing ensure kill on cyberdisc.

LACC with WP-Ammo was great to begin with. Is the white phosphour another new ammo type?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2018, 12:52:17 pm »
I remember it being only incrediary and thus far less awesome. WP does damage upfront, increadiary just sets stuff on fire.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2018, 12:57:23 pm »
I remember it being only incrediary and thus far less awesome. WP does damage upfront, increadiary just sets stuff on fire.

If we talk about the long-range 'sniper-rifle wanna-be - yes the gun had 3 ammo types 3 patches ago.
AP, HE and WP. I recall to use the WP rounds to break morale and enlighten the darkness. It's stated as WP and never had Incendiary.

Gal in Sniper-Suit kneeling on the roof of the fortuna easily hits everything (aimed blind and snaps)

niculinux

« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2018, 07:01:46 pm »
What does mesn the wildcards * and the exclamation marks near some research topics?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2018, 07:07:32 pm »
* marks around a topic indicate that it removes a mission type from spawning while adding one in its place. Mutant Alliance is the prime example. Pogroms that dont cost -1000 score for being ignored are removed for ones that do cost score.

! around a topic indicate adding new missions without removing anything from the pool. 

niculinux

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2018, 10:30:17 pm »
Thanks. I've also researched plastasteel and small ship engine, some whispers to get "Interceptor assembly"?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2018, 09:15:46 pm »
Use the tech tree view. Middle mouse button on a research topic. Bottom left button lets you search the techs.

niculinux

« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2018, 08:55:25 pm »
Use the tech tree view. Middle mouse button on a research topic. Bottom left button lets you search the techs.

Thanks im aware but in my games i alwsys play on jack sparrow, and with the viewer off', it woukd spoil the suffering fun ;D

some (even cryptic) hints are more funny!

Another one, aside from research, ehatnis a good way to raise up infamy? Especially in the beginning? Shoot down civilian vesswls rarns negarive score, while i remembee also manufacturing alchoon worths some point. Any other advice?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2018, 09:05:20 pm »
Thanks im aware but in my games i alwsys play on jack sparrow, and with the viewer off', it woukd spoil the suffering fun ;D

some (even cryptic) hints are more funny!

Another one, aside from research, ehatnis a good way to raise up infamy? Especially in the beginning? Shoot down civilian vesswls rarns negarive score, while i remembee also manufacturing alchoon worths some point. Any other advice?
You do get lost of infamy from research, so put at least one brainer on everything of interest.

niculinux

« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2018, 01:23:32 pm »
To unlock mansion missions i've to reach first "'warehouse wars" ones? And any duggestions to unlock both, please?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2018, 12:51:08 pm »
It's not really an answer, but you can just go into the techtree-viewer, press q and type in warehouse to get the topic and everything needed to unlock the mission.
It will spawn with the next month squeezed into the RNG for the month's missions to come.

It can spawn in the 1st week or as late as the 4th week. But it is kinda garanteed to spawn upon research for the very next month to come.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2018, 10:44:49 pm »
To unlock mansion missions i've to reach first "'warehouse wars" ones? And any duggestions to unlock both, please?
It's weird to play without the tech tree viewer but then ask questions about the tech tree. Sorta defeats the purpose, don't you think? ;)
For !Warehouse Wars! get some culture in you and find out with whom you're sharing the planet. For !Mansion Invasions!, first find out about warehouses. Also, cunningly feret out some merchants, look at those weird databases you find all the time, and maybe find some peasants to bolster your ranks. Once you've done that, you should be able to figure out who's boss and who's not. Oh, and don't forget to look into appropiate attire to wear!

Abridged tech requirements are attached, by the way.

niculinux

« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2018, 11:00:29 pm »
It's weird to play without the tech tree viewer but then ask questions about the tech tree. Sorta defeats the purpose, don't you think? ;)
Well i thougth it was s wuestion zbout topucs, not the tech tree but hey thanks a lot!  Though i have alle these topics exept.ones i asked ;) ok i should stop botherimg with those.

A little one: i tryed to edit a savegame  to modify score (...) but i did not find the entry, someone may tell what is it, please? There are loads of strings with the word "score" , pheraps it's labelled as "infamy"?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:02:43 pm by niculinux »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2018, 09:11:29 am »
A little one: i tryed to edit a savegame  to modify score (...) but i did not find the entry, someone may tell what is it, please? There are loads of strings with the word "score" , pheraps it's labelled as "infamy"?
I'm not sure what it is (I believe it's calculated at runtime, so you might be best off editing in a downed UFO), but it's definitely not "Infamy". The internal names for these things aren't changed by mods.