aliens

Author Topic: UFO upgrades  (Read 100958 times)

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
Re: UFO upgrades
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »
Installing that mod made my game crash.....

Immediately on load, or once a mission is started? Did you install Luke's original mod first? Md scouts will make your game crash if you didn't do that. Once this is in Completed Mods, those files will be included.

Did it say something like, [ERROR: ox_ufo1b.MAP not found] or something like that?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:54:21 pm by TurkishSwede »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:49 pm »
Exactly, there seemed to miss a file...

Had to reinstall whole of the game with the mods.  :(

And no: I didn`t install Lukes Mod first....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:06:55 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2014, 11:57:13 pm »
Therein lies the problem. Sorry, I didn't include the Md scout files or the Terrain data with my .rar since I was only supplementing what Luke83 had already put together. (That terrain data is pretty important, too.) Installing Luke's mod then this one should fix these problems for now. I updated my previous post to hopefully avoid future confusion.

As for the whole fresh install thing to try to fix bugs, any time you try that with mods installed, you always want to first back up your Ruleset and Resources folder because the uninstall deletes those. I learned that the hard way. That's where >90% of mods put the stuff they use. Not this particular one, but most.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:09:36 am by TurkishSwede »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
Hey TurkishSwede, great work on improving this mod!! It was working for me yesterday, but had to grab Luke's files first, as you said.

Request: can you also do something with Luke's Terror Site Replacement mod? I don't even know how to get it working at its current state.
Here's the link to the download:
https://openxcommods.weebly.com/downloads12.html

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2014, 06:31:24 pm »
As soon, as this mod is in the "completed mods" area and can be installed in one step, I`ll download it :-)

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »
Soon enough, Louis. Soon enough.  ;)

Mr.Quiet - I took a look at it. First thing I noticed was that the ruleset included is an old Xcom1ruleset. Second thing was that I couldn't get any of the maps to open in MapEdit. There appears to be a problem with his extra terrain data set with those maps, a problem I'm not equipped to deal with since I have no image editor compatible with OXC and MCD Edit fails to run on my system. I wish I could figure it out for ya, I want those to work too.

With how complex tilesets are, I think it's unlikely that a full map list could be made using only rulesets in a way that would remove the need for .MCD .pck and .tab files in their construction, and until I have a way to edit those files, I don't think I can get this working.   :(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:55:17 pm by TurkishSwede »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:45 pm »
Thanks for trying though, Turk!

I have a question. Those two rar files you put up. I gotta install LukesextraUFOs and then install mapeditdat, right? All this after installing the original files.

It works, but I want to make sure with you this is all correct.

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2014, 07:58:41 pm »
Install Lukes mod first, then install my LukesextraUFOs.rar into the appropriate folders, overwriting any old stuff. If you use MapEditDat, the files are named [ox_uf2a] instead of [ox_ufo2a] for comparison purposes. People that just want the mod should not download MapEditDat.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2014, 08:21:10 pm »
I see thanks a lot. The way you'll get approval from the Lukeman will be through personal contact. I don't think he'll be back for awhile. I haven't seen him in months.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2014, 12:17:40 am »
If someone PMs me i DO pop in ;) I am busy with Life issues, Work,family, Study, Religion are all eating up my time. Sorry everyone that my Mods are so hard to use, when i started working on all these, Modding OXC was still a dream, file swapping was the only way things worked :P
 TurkishSwede has my  blessing to continue the work on these and make it friendly for everyone to use, i will make time myself to install OXC just to try it.

Best of luck guys.

and TurkishSwede, please look at my Terror Site also ;)

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2014, 12:35:02 am »
Luke!! So glad to see you and to have your blessing!

As for the terror sites, I can't get the maps to load in MapEdit. I keep getting the same error no matter what I try: The given key was not present in the dictionary. I know the terror site mods you have on your site have about 3 different .pck and .tab files but I could only find one .MCD file. Do you know if there is for sure some configuration of those that will make it work, or is there something you can post that will help me?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:18 am »
Luke!! So glad to see you and to have your blessing!

As for the terror sites, I can't get the maps to load in MapEdit. I keep getting the same error no matter what I try: The given key was not present in the dictionary. I know the terror site mods you have on your site have about 3 different .pck and .tab files but I could only find one .MCD file. Do you know if there is for sure some configuration of those that will make it work, or is there something you can post that will help me?

ok, i just received the same error, i will dig out OLD version of Mapedit and try again, i wonder if its something in the newer version...

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2014, 09:34:33 am »
I can officially say that I have tried every possible combination of the files I have with no success. They open just fine for me when I tell them to use the vanilla FRNTURE set, but that's obviously no solution.

I can also officially say that this mod is Complete and Live! Check out the Completed Mods section to download it.

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2014, 09:51:42 pm »
Duh. I forgot to add the terrain data to image.dat, after I did that, everything works fine. I'll look at these maps now. :)