Author Topic: UFO upgrades  (Read 100949 times)

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: UFO upgrades
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2013, 09:53:47 am »
I downloaded test_ufos-28082013.zip, but I cant find a ruleset in there. I copied the files nonetheless, but the error stys the same.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2013, 12:53:15 pm »
woops, i found where i placed it, please follow the link , i tried this just a few weeks ago and as far as i could see everything worked...

https://openxcommods.weebly.com/ufos.html

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2013, 12:11:13 pm »
Thank you!

Unfortunately, I still get the same error.
To eliminate all external influences, I started with a fresh install, applied the latest GIT-update and installed only your mod.
On one crash-site, I was able to start the mission and play for some rounds. I think the game crashed as soon as the UFO was supposed to come into view.

best regards
Hadan

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2013, 12:13:08 pm »
What size UFO and do you have a Save game?

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2013, 12:27:28 pm »
I tried medium & large scouts.

I have been playing around with some other mods and was getting the same error without having your mod active  :-\
I thank this time it was the Combat Armor-mod. I was able to play a small crashsite, but a terror mission crashed the instant i landed.

Maybe there is something wrong with my installation.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »
Maybe there is something wrong with my installation.

I have had similar issues lately, i couldn't get my FOXC mods to work so i sent them to other people and it works fine for them, been driving me crazy for 2 weeks. TUrns out Windows was adding some hidden files into folders it shouldnt be and upsetting the OXC resource loading, Supsuper add a fix for that one today ;)

I highly recommend a Fresh install of orignal game CD just to exclude any strange things sneaking in and see if you have better luck.

I am also looking at that file you sent me now, i will add my UFO stuff into your directory and see what happens.

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2013, 02:36:27 pm »
It gets stranger and stranger:
Did (another  ::)) fresh install with todays git-version.
Played one mission without any mods to see if everything works fine - it did.
Then I applied just one patch, the sniper rife (which never worked before) and it worked without any problems, I just completed a mission...
I am now going to add one mod after the other to see if/when the game breaks.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2013, 02:46:58 pm »
I believe there is a "hole" in one of the inner walls on one of your Large Scouts.  When you open the door, you can see into the center room.  Maybe it's intentional, but it doesn't look like it should be.

Thanks.  Really enjoy the variety in the ships and looking forward to when you can complete the set.

Just fixed these "HOLES" there was a few within that ufo set, working on building updated MOD release now.

Hadan - My ruleset is crappy, wait for Fix to be uploaded :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:16:43 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2013, 03:08:52 pm »
Ok , so not to Brag, but i have just been playing a few of these UFO designs of mine and they are pretty good, best of all, i dont remember the layouts ( as its been a few months) so even i get suprised when i walk into a Medical Room and find 2 aliens just wanting to die :P

tonight, i created a separate Ruleset for these, it looks like it works so let me know if something else goes wrong, find it attached below.

Also, i will try to create the next build of UFO tonight and maybe upload tomorrow, maybe we can get some more bug finders going through these then???

Also , is there any interest from the community for me to include a BLANK set of UFO in Both directions for other modders , i know i have a few ufos done already, but we could always have more :P   Let me know if anyone wants these???

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »
Just did a quick test, seems to work.
Played a Large Scout and a Soldier was killed through a door in the outer hull i didnt look for - which is great, it adds some long-lost sense of discovery to the game!  ;D

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »
Is that a water cooler or a DeusEx Augmentation Cannister? :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2013, 11:59:09 pm »
its in a medical bay, so its some kind of medical equipment :P  I just needed something to expand the maps and that was it

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2013, 09:04:02 am »
So better late than never, i have uploaded the next version of this mod here:
https://openxcommods.weebly.com/downloads11.html

Please can someone try this on a fresh install as i have removed a heap of unwanted files from the list and created a final Ruleset, i would hate to find i deleted something i shouldn't off.

This just leaves 2 UFO designs to go :P

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2013, 09:52:32 pm »
Havent played much, but there are no oblious bug as far as I can see.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2013, 03:30:56 pm »
@luke83   Man your new UFO's are super awesome! Thank You!! I wish the industrial maps could be upgraded so they work flawlessly and don't CTD, but that will be an insane amount of work.