Author Topic: UFO upgrades  (Read 100928 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: UFO upgrades
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2012, 02:31:01 pm »
First new design

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 11:48:32 am »
Is it me, but there are some graphical glitches on the second level?

Below the two "eyes" in the corridor, and on the left edge...

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »
you mean this big hole in floor? Its hard to spot :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 12:24:54 pm »
No its not a glitch , just like the original UFO design , i have added trap doors for the Large units to DROP down on your head, this was a important feature of the original UFO so i have been working it into the new designs. it may end up with the half walls on the long sides yet , i will wait until i see it in game before i make that decision ...

Another variation for the collection.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:33:28 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2012, 12:30:19 pm »
original Trap Door shown in Openxcom 0.45

See i am not crazy :o

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:12 am »
Interesting there's only a single door so large units can't actually get through to it  ;)

Good work, keep it up

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2012, 12:42:58 pm »
another one complete ( mostly), so i just need one more design and then i am up to Spawn points :) I Need to get these UFOs done before xmas 8)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:46:58 pm by luke83 »

Offline zpmorgan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2013, 08:48:32 am »
Hi Luke

I've packaged this mod as a branch on github. All of your extra files, as well as the necessary ruleset changes, are in bin/data. I had to change some filenames because of case sensitivity on Linux.

https://github.com/zpmorgan/OpenXcom/tree/Mod-luke83-UFOs

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2013, 04:39:12 am »
Luke,
I just tried some of your new medium and large scouts, they are simply awesome
What a great idea to make these ufos "anytime" differents !

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2013, 04:56:47 am »
Luke,
I just tried some of your new medium and large scouts, they are simply awesome
What a great idea to make these ufos "anytime" differents !

I am glad you like them, there actually rather fun to make when your only working on 1 or 2 , when your trying for around 10 of each design it losses it charm ;). I wish i had time to finish the project , i am hoping someone will offer to start work on one some the larger designs working off my base files to help me finish the project ??? maybe oneday

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2013, 01:16:51 am »
I imagine this needs some competences and some tools mastery to do such a job, and for sure a bit of imagination...

Perhaps could you give us some information about how you work, with which software, or give any link, so that people have an idea where they put their feet... - french expression, hope you will understand ; if not, just imagine, it is part of your job  ;)

Luke, I would have a question, and you should certainly be able to give me an answer :

How is it possible to know how many spawnpoints do exist in each category of ufo (small scout, medium scout, ...), and, if you have any idea, outside ufos ?

I ask it in order to change ruleset, as I need to know maximum limit of possible aliens inside/outside.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2013, 08:23:45 am »
I imagine this needs some competences and some tools mastery to do such a job, and for sure a bit of imagination...

Perhaps could you give us some information about how you work, with which software, or give any link, so that people have an idea where they put their feet... - french expression, hope you will understand ; if not, just imagine, it is part of your job  ;)

Luke, I would have a question, and you should certainly be able to give me an answer :

How is it possible to know how many spawn points do exist in each category of ufo (small scout, medium scout, ...), and, if you have any idea, outside ufos ?

I ask it in order to change rule set, as I need to know maximum limit of possible aliens inside/outside.

for information on HOW to do these things , on the Modsite , there is a How To section we added to help others get there head around modding, i have also made some Youtube videos showing the basics of how to use the map edit software.

Links :
ModSites HOW TO section : https://openxcommods.weebly.com/how-to.html
Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/OpenxcomMods?feature=watch

As for upper limits on how many spawn points on a map,  honestly i jsut add enough to make it interesting , since openxcom has very few limits , i didn't see any reason to stick to a limit, on the smaller ships they should be similar spawn point amounts as per the original files , on some of the bigger one, they could be anything as i had more room to be creative.

If you read through those How To's and still have questions feel free to PM me.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:32 am »
if i wasn't busy chasing bugs...

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:50 am »
IF i wasn't busy trying to understand all this compulsory mathematics within my Tafe course i would be back to modding, i haven't done and real maths since high school (13years ago) and even then i only just scraped by :)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2013, 09:43:30 am »

for information on HOW to do these things , on the Modsite , there is a How To section we added to help others get there head around modding, i have also made some Youtube videos showing the basics of how to use the map edit software.

Links :
ModSites HOW TO section : https://openxcommods.weebly.com/how-to.html
Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/OpenxcomMods?feature=watch

I had a look at it, effectively it seems to take much time to make a new UFO.
I think I should first try to make my own small UFO, for training purpose, to know if could be of any help.