aliens

Author Topic: UFO upgrades  (Read 102579 times)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: UFO upgrades
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012, 03:59:55 pm »
but Volutar, that is part of the alien's plan: driving sensitive people mad just by using jagged gradient paint on their UFOs  ;D

Offline Bomb Bloke

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • StrategyCore
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2012, 12:33:55 pm »
My art's "jagged", is it?  ;D

Anyway, yes, part of my hopes involve having luke redraw the hull for me.  ;)

Looking good so far, luke. If you want more tiles, seriously, just make another MCD and stick it on the end. You may want to use your custom deer and so on with other maps and it'll make it a lot easier having it in a file on its own... In fact the more you subdivide your sets, the easier it'll be to make more diverse maps in future.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2012, 01:42:13 pm »
I don't have a Deer , Didn't Hobbes make one at some point, would love the PCK files if anyone has it.

BombBloke you know i am not artist right ? My skills generally involve a lot of Cut/paste and Bucket-fill :P  Currently the Hull doesn't bother me ( actually i like it) i just want to get the inside graphics handled then try to fix the MCDs up that i am adding.

On a side note i am cant stop thinking about HOW to use these in game. Would love to see them used by another offshoot of the aliens that left Mars when it stopped supporting life. Maybe once the brain gets killed have these bad boys rock up with some new aliens to help out the old ones. Double the armour on the ships , some new weapons, new aliens to mix with the old.  Have there base on a Massive Hive Ship.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:48:36 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 02:17:32 pm »
OK so i basically have all the art required for U_disec1 which means the harvester unit is basically done. The problem is i cant see any destructed terrain for some of these objects within the existing set. This is not a huge problem as i have 2 empty spaces i can use for the lasers but then i would need to manually do all the MCD side of these to make it all work... Currently i still have not tried to use MCDEDIT and it may be quicker for me to REMAKE this MCD set from scratch with all destroyed units included instead of manually correcting every MCD. Then i would need to distribute updated map files to work with these MCD but i dont think no one will really mind.

This is the File so far...https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dwkf4fj2jashcu3

To be honest i really have not done so much as i have taken on a training course, so my free time over the next few months to work on Openxcom mods will slow , but i will try to do a few things per week;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:33:01 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2012, 06:10:36 pm »
Just a update..... Been making slow progress due to some study commitments , should have have the last 5 Routes for the large Scout UFO done within the week so i will make them available to be tested right away.  At least then someone can start testing in openxcom and give me some feedback on the new internal layout and spawn points.

Also i get a error when i try to use these in game , Daiky can you have a quick look into this?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:59:06 pm by luke83 »

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2012, 05:58:17 pm »
I 've send you a PM. Filenames are not case-sensitive but the names have to match, you made a little mistake in the ruleset file :-)
"Failed to load MAP" must have given you a hint, but maybe it is interesting that I put the filename it is trying to load in the error message.

Testing your UFO's in openxcom and so far they seem to work.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:00:28 pm by Daiky »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 02:42:49 pm »
OK i have uploaded a Sneak Peak of my new ufos onto my storage site. Currently i still need to work on some custom art for them but you should find about 20 small ufos to play with.

Please give them a go and provide feedback ( positive or negative) as i want to know everything is Good before i start the larger UFOs.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2012, 01:37:59 pm »
New UFO Mini Computer, the rotation of the buttons on top are wrong ( will try again later) but just one of the new items for my UFO Upgrades.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 05:40:05 pm »
very cool, luke83's UFO building kit will probably be released in the near future, available at a hardware store near you... build your personal UFO! full functionality not guaranteed  ;D

that mini computer would then correspond to a 1x1 UFO navigation? very nice, especially for small UFOs.
it does appear to be a bit small in terms of height, though. the poor Alien Navigator who has to operate it will probably suffer from back aches :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »
Why shouldn't he suffer from back aches i had to from building all these ufos :P

I will Re-work my custom art at a later date ( most likely when i am sick of building new ufos i will switch back to fixing my art) Tonight i finalised the MCD set that replaces U_Disec2, U_disec3 comes fully loaded with a rotated cow and destructable blood tanks :P  Place holder art is set , some spare floor tiles also made it in ( a small mistake but it it wont hurt) so now i am ready to build some Harvesters. ( Original harvester shown with all side effects from updating MCD/PCK set have been fixed)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2012, 01:49:59 pm »
OK here is one sneak peak at a New harvester layout , feedback anyone?

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »
Cool, as usual :)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 02:57:59 pm »
very nice. I look forward to seeing these in the game!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:52 pm »
5 Harvesters done, 5 more to go. Here is another sneak peak, currenlty i am not 100% happy with level 1 on this one ::)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 05:25:16 am »
You sure have a thing for abducting cows. :P

What is that blue thing in the corner outside the last UFO? Cursor? ???