Author Topic: Researchable Aliens  (Read 2481 times)

Offline zrau

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Researchable Aliens
« on: April 18, 2016, 02:29:14 pm »
Hi, great mod.

Just wondered if what I see is normal for this mod or a bug. All aliens and corpses will stay researchable after researching them if I have more. Sectoid corpse for instance or Sectoid Solider/Medic ect.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Researchable Aliens
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:30:13 pm »
Hi, great mod.

Just wondered if what I see is normal for this mod or a bug. All aliens and corpses will stay researchable after researching them if I have more. Sectoid corpse for instance or Sectoid Solider/Medic ect.

Alien Medics/Navigators/Engineers will always stay researchable because they give a random topic (alien autopsy/interrogation, alien missions or UFO infos) everytime one is completed. Alien soldiers and corpses also are always available even after you've completed research on them (this is how OpenXCom works, although it wasn't like this on the original game).

Offline zrau

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:35:00 am »
Thanks!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 04:17:08 pm »
Alien Medics/Navigators/Engineers will always stay researchable because they give a random topic (alien autopsy/interrogation, alien missions or UFO infos) everytime one is completed. Alien soldiers and corpses also are always available even after you've completed research on them (this is how OpenXCom works, although it wasn't like this on the original game).

That is just not true!
Hobbes, have you played too much xcom 2 lately?  ;)

1/ Alien medics/navigators/engineers/soldiers/etc. will not stay always researchable. They stay only until they can tell you something more... after that they will disappear from research topics.

For example, after you research 8 engineers in vanilla OXC and have all UFO documentations, you cannot research any more engineers.

2/ Alien corpses (in vanilla OXC) disappear already after first research. Of course, in mods, the modders can decide to make them repeatedly researchable, similar to live aliens... but also only until they have anything to contribute with. Once they reveal everything, they disappear for good.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »
That is just not true!
Hobbes, have you played too much xcom 2 lately?  ;)

1/ Alien medics/navigators/engineers/soldiers/etc. will not stay always researchable. They stay only until they can tell you something more... after that they will disappear from research topics.

For example, after you research 8 engineers in vanilla OXC and have all UFO documentations, you cannot research any more engineers.

2/ Alien corpses (in vanilla OXC) disappear already after first research. Of course, in mods, the modders can decide to make them repeatedly researchable, similar to live aliens... but also only until they have anything to contribute with. Once they reveal everything, they disappear for good.

LOL, yeah a lot of XCOM2 lately ;)

Thanks for the clarifications :)